Pre-Game Talk: Game 3: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers 4/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
McIlrath should be in even if solely for his chemistry with Yandle.

Yandle seems to really like playing with Dylan. Yandle said he opens up ice for him. I think Yandle probably likes knowing that Dylan will always be back as well.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
and then proceeded to get burned twice in Game 2...

You can't hit what you can't catch up too.

I love McIlrath, but he's shown so far that speed on the transition hurts him. Why do you think Skjei played 19 minutes and McIlrath played 9?

It's pretty obvious. AV wants a speed matchup against the Pens forwards.

He also made a great play on a Penguins player who had a wide open net tap in, McI prevented him from scoring.

The biggest advantage to me is that McIlrath has been in the NHL all year. Diaz hasn't played in the NHL since last season. Is Diaz even that fast? I don't think Diaz is enough of a speed improvement to justify him in over McI.

Don't you remember how Diaz looked like a pee-wee player during the PRESEASON this year? He was getting out muscled and dominated in the D zone every shift he played.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
A truly great 2nd pairing that AV just flat out refuses to give the time of day to.

Yup, for whatever reason AV just doesn't like Dylan's game.

This organization has invested a lot of time into McIlrath and he looked like a sure bust, now he's finally a bonafide NHLer and the coach doesn't like him. How ironic.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Hopefully the refs will continue to allow the Pens to board Rangers players without recompense.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
can't wait to get back in the building for Rangers playoff hockey

those last 2 Tampa shutouts still tick me off

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If the Rangers lose this series,they should be ashamed to show their faces in public for the next 5 months.

If they lose this series without Dan Girardi in the line up then yes, I agree. Putting him in the line up is like attaching a massive anchor to a speed boat and wondering why its losing every race.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
McDonagh Klein
Yandle Skjei
Staal Boyle

Praying that's what we see. Accepting the fact AV won't play MCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events