McDonagh/Boyle
Yandle/Skjei

KILL me IF it will be:
McDonagh/Girardi
Staal/Klein
Yandle/Boyle

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Jeff Zatkoff. Even Matt Murray. The Rangers can't lose a playoff series to those two goaltenders.
Sure we can. Some might even say that the Rangers are experts at losing to backups (or the backups of backups), hehe. But that is not allowed to happen here :)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It's still 1-1. And I don't think there's a person on Earth who foresaw AV scratching Girardi.

Honestly we've been the better team both games. If we score a goal or two in that first before the Girardi miscue and hank injury game 1 could /should have been different outcome.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
It's still 1-1. And I don't think there's a person on Earth who foresaw AV scratching Girardi.

We still controlled the majority of game 1 with Girardi in the lineup? ****tsburg is way overhyped and now with a favorable matchup, everyone is losing their **** over the caps! Both of their demises with be forever enjoyable.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Honestly we've been the better team both games. If we score a goal or two in that first before the Girardi miscue and hank injury game 1 could /should have been different outcome.
the Rangers have easily been the better team but there wasn't really anything to predict that.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Auf :

You realize that if we win tonight, you "#¤%#% better change your avatar....lol :)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
the Rangers have easily been the better team but there wasn't really anything to predict that.

As I said prior to the playoffs, I thought this team would find another gear come playoff time (regarding the offense). I think it was predictable that we would play well (at least I thought it was). What no one saw coming was Staal's tremendous turnaround and the scratching of Don Jaroodi. Not going to lie, had my doubts after the first game. If we play every game like we did game 2, we can steam roll any opponent (including the Caps, Hawks or Kings).

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Skjei isn't staying the lineup when McDonagh comes back, unless AV gets ballsy and uses Staal-McDonagh.

Why are you so certain about this? Skjei has played his off-side already and based on av's comments, it seems he was really pleased. He chose him over mcilrath and played him nearly 11 minutes in the 3rd period on Saturday.

Skjei also wasn't skating as an extra today. If he was going to be benched, he would have been. it doesn't make sense to use mcilrath and diaz as decoys for mcdonagh potentially playing. Nor does it make sense to have them skating if AV truly has his mind made up.

When Skjei was sent down to the minors March 9 a day after playing the fourth game of his NHL career, Vigneault told the coaches at AHL Hartford he wanted the 22-year-old left-handed defenseman to play the right side, where he might be needed down the road. Apparently Skjei adapted well enough that he was in that position at one of the most critical times of the Blueshirts’ season, holding a 4-2 lead in the third period of their eventual victory over the Penguins in Game 2 of their first-round series on Saturday afternoon in Pittsburgh.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/18/vigneaults-long-ago-brady-skjei-order-may-have-saved-game-2/

AV said McD would possibly play today. He said there was a better chance then yesterday. All signs point to McD playing if doctors give the go ahead.

McD-Klein
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Skjei

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
As I said prior to the playoffs, I thought this team would find another gear come playoff time (regarding the offense). I think it was predictable that we would play well (at least I thought it was). What no one saw coming was Staal's tremendous turnaround and the scratching of Don Jaroodi. Not going to lie, had my doubts after the first game. If we play every game like we did game 2, we can steam roll any opponent (including the Caps, Hawks or Kings).
That has been the case but let's see it continue. I would bet on the Penguins coming out VERY hard for the first 10 minutes.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If McIlrath was a free agent, and not a drafted player, people would call for his head

If he were an established vet making way more money with far less chance of continuing to develop, yeah that'd be a different situation obviously.

It's nothing to do with drafting and everything to do with current play mixed with growth potential and people remembering how good he looked when he played with Yandle regularly.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Why are you so certain about this? Skjei has played his off-side already and based on av's comments, it seems he was really pleased. He chose him over mcilrath and played him nearly 11 minutes in the 3rd period on Saturday.

Skjei also wasn't skating as an extra today. If he was going to be benched, he would have been. it doesn't make sense to use mcilrath and diaz as decoys for mcdonagh potentially playing. Nor does it make sense to have them skating if AV truly has his mind made up.

AV said McD would possibly play today. He said there was a better chance then yesterday. All signs point to McD playing if doctors give the go ahead.

McD-Klein
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Skjei
That's fine but that should definitely be the "Top-4", although I'm not opposed to McDonagh-Boyle but now is not the time to experiment lol

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Staal-McDonagh is a good pairing but it should be

McDonagh-Klein
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-McIlrath

If skjei is just as efficient playing the right side you would play mcilrath and boyle over him?

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
Considering the vitriol that has been imposed upon this kid since he was drafted, I can't imagine you actually believe this.

I've heard nothing but rugged blueline savior being held back only by AV's criminal misuse of him talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad