GDT: Game 3: Flames @ Ducks - Monday 7PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I know Rakell had a good first game, but these last two games have not been encouraging for him as a center.
Not really a surprise either, guy just can't play center at the NHL level no matter how many times Anaheim try it and how many times they say 'hes been working hard all summer', it just doesn't work.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Yah.. We need more finish. Getz was rusty.. Against goood defensive teams.. This team will struggle to score..they need vato and linholm badly

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Well the streak had to end at some point, were pretty beat up so whatever. Seeing Grant on the PP at the end there....yikes. isn't he the guy that hasn't scored a goal in the NHL? We need to get healthy fast, and actually have some skill infused into the lineup. Seeing Grant and Boll out there is just awful.

So I was watching with the sound off, was there any update on Kase?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Well the streak had to end at some point, were pretty beat up so whatever. Seeing Grant on the PP at the end there....yikes. isn't he the guy that hasn't scored a goal in the NHL? We need to get healthy fast, and actually have some skill infused into the lineup. Seeing Grant and Boll out there is just awful.

Yeah I noticed Grant got that one late powerplay shift too. Think that was due to exhaustion of the top 9.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If Kase is out we need to bring up a player like Kevin Roy...we have 0 skill...

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
With Kase being injured in the 1st period, that was going to be a tough game. Only had 4 forwards left capable of scoring

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Vats and Lindholm will help but the offense is going to be an issue IMO.
Yep. The team already had question marks on the offense when everyone is healthy, which makes it all the more strange Anaheim doesn't give some of the AHL players a chance here just to see if they could possibly fill a gap in bottom 6 scoring. But that requires foresight, or whatever.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Vats and Lindholm will help but the offense is going to be an issue IMO.

I think there will be a bit of a trickle down effect. We're not getting as good puck movement from our blue line right now, which probably makes it harder on the forwards. It isn't just that, but that could help some.

Trying to keep the bottom six tough, when we're lacking in skill, is adding to it.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
What did RC say about the PP in the pre-season? It's going to be by committee? Well it looks as useless as ****ing ever

I bet they'd still be scoring more goals then us. But hey, at least we can keep calling up useless grinders and blame injuries for everything.

And tbh, no-one should have been expecting Eaves to play a chunk of games this season, the guy is basically a cripple for half a season. Anaheim was Pejorative Slured to think he would solve any sort of scoring issue when he barely hits the ice.

I'm too lazy to do the digging, but I would imagine 7 goals and 3 points in the first 3 games ranks around the middle in terms of season starts for this organisation.

Since I started to follow the league closely in 2005 the Ducks have started worse than this many times, with much healthier lineups.

Clearly this team is not designed to have great depth. We sacrificed that when we went the Kesler route as opposed to keeping Bonino and Perreault. But of course paying Bieksa $4 mil doesn't help, even if he has been better than normal these last couple of games.

If we can take 3 points in the first 3 games with this lineup, and outshoot both the Coyotes and Flames.. Well then I'm quite optimistic about our chances once everyone gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad