GDT: Game 3: Flames @ Ducks - Monday 7PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
(My first GDT, I see no one's made it for tonight's game yet)

Anaheim Ducks Game 3
(7:00PM PDT, Prime, NHL.TV, AM 830)

giphy.gif

7296_calgary_flames-jersey-1995.png

7296_calgary_flames-jersey-1995.png

50.gif

(1-1-0, 2 points)

@

giphy.gif

Anaheim_Ducks

(1-0-1, 3 points)​

Main Storyline: Can the Ducks extend their home winning streak against the Flames to 30 games?

Who's playing?: Not going to bother with potential line-ups, because we have no clue who's actually going to be available for the game. That said, it's fairly likely Getzlaf will be back tonight, with the potential for Eaves to make his season debut (Eaves on IR until at least Wednesday, thanks Dryish), as the three were skating on a line together in practice. Ritchie, per Eric Stephens' tweet, is questionable.
The Enemy: The Flames won their last game pretty definitively against the Jets. Johnny Hockey has emerged from his Playoff Hiding Spot™ against big scary guys, putting up 1 goal and 3 assists in that game.

Compared to last season, key personnel changes for the Flames include goalie Mike Smith (formerly of the Yotes) and defenseman Travis Hamonic (from the Islanders). A late free agent pickup of none other than #2 NHL scorer EVER, Jaromir Jagr may will not see his first game tonight (wasn't in line rushes). He opted out of the first 2 games of the season due to his own personal conditioning standards, but has pronounced himself ready.

*News Flash* The Flames better not have started this.

This should be a tough match with the Ducks still severely understaffed, and it looks like Gibby is going to need to continue his solid play for us to have a chance at extending the streak.

I'll be at the game tonight (a rare showing, since I've got kids and I'm broke). Cross your fingers for the Ducks and for me, as I don't want to be at the game that ends the streak!

GO DUCKS!

Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
And so the streak is coming to an end.

It's sad that this is how it ends. With a bunch of offseason and preseason injuries.

May the hockey gods be with us. Or more importantly, the referees.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Eaves can't play until Wednesday even if he was healthy. He was put on IR less than a week ago, and that means at least a week's absence.

I'm also ready for the streak to end. It's been a glorious one, but it's going to snap at some point and at this point I feel like it'd be better to just start with a clean slate without any nonsense added pressure from superstition. Just play the game as it's meant to be played and win because the Flames suck. No other reason needed.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Have a bad feeling we will lose because of all the injuries hoping that my bad feelings are wrong and the hockey gods has us winning to keep the Flames horror playing in Anaheim alive and well.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
The 55 and the 57 are already a mess thanks to the 91 being shut down for the fire. Good luck out there.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Eaves can't play until Wednesday even if he was healthy. He was put on IR less than a week ago, and that means at least a week's absence.

I'm also ready for the streak to end. It's been a glorious one, but it's going to snap at some point and at this point I feel like it'd be better to just start with a clean slate without any nonsense added pressure from superstition. Just play the game as it's meant to be played and win because the Flames suck. No other reason needed.

I'm pretty sure you can be retroactively put on IR dating back to the injury.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Supposedly the game tonight is "hour to hour" because of fires

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
This is kinda funny. This such a perfect time for the Flames to end the curse with all the Duck injuries and what happens, a fire threatens to cancel the game, Kinda ironic

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ash is falling from the sky in Long Beach, and it's kicking my asthma off. I'm thinking I'm taking a pass on a trip to Anaheim tonight.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
I don't think so. The fire is quite far from the arena. It will affect attendance but will anybody be able to tell? :)
The actual fire isn't the issue. It's the smoke, freeway closures, evacuation orders the players might get.

Gives us an excuse as to why the barn is empty hahaha

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If this game gets postponed it may actually help us with all our injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad