GDT: Game 3: Columbus vs. Chicago 10/21 7PM

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Apart from Bob, the main reason the team won this game despite the last 25 minutes being played entirely in their defensive zone was Seth Jones. Chicago was able to get off a lot of shots in that third period, but the vast majority were from the perimeter, because Jones wasn't letting anyone get in front of the net. Just about everyone was at least pretty good, but Jones' play down that final stretch was huge, especially with Murray out. And I don't think I saw Nutivaara out there for more than a couple shifts in the third period either.

Someone's gotta draw in for Nuti. His lack of ice time plus Murray's injury is gonne mean we skate Jones to death early.

dont think cleveland will fix this, needs time to find his NHL game. this one just needed patience IMO

I'm inclined to agree. The book on Bjork is he takes time to get it going at every level. I actually thought he looked better - not good, but better - with Sedlak last night.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Watched on TV last night - reason I'm guessing Bjork was sent down and Milano up (and was mentioned by others) is they have been focusing offensively on getting shots on net (was part of pre-game discussion and brought up during broadcast), doesn't matter if it's a good shot or bad shot, they just want shots on net. Since Bjork isn't doing that (and also he's getting pushed off the puck pretty easily as well) I'm assuming that was their statement. Get the puck on net.
Good win - I thought they played really well in the first, then kind of limped in (despite a couple goals) the last 2 periods.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well, I am glad they won. But this was the most aggravating win I can remember. As others have noted, we simply went into a protective little ball for the last 25 minutes. We were fortunate that the Hawks did not tie it. Jones was a beast during that time. I was also annoyed to hear our HC praising the effort in his post game presser. To me it was a lack of effort. Very disappointing. But, it is good they won.

Werenski is definitely a future All-Star. I don't think we have ever had a power play presence like him. He makes it look so easy--just shoot the puck at the net, not 15 feet to the left or right, but at the net, and something good will happen. He really is amazing.

But Dubie and Jenner really need to get going. Three games in a row where they both have been awful.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Well, I am glad they won. But this was the most aggravating win I can remember. As others have noted, we simply went into a protective little ball for the last 25 minutes. We were fortunate that the Hawks did not tie it. Jones was a beast during that time. I was also annoyed to hear our HC praising the effort in his post game presser. To me it was a lack of effort. Very disappointing. But, it is good they won.

Werenski is definitely a future All-Star. I don't think we have ever had a power play presence like him. He makes it look so easy--just shoot the puck at the net, not 15 feet to the left or right, but at the net, and something good will happen. He really is amazing.

But Dubie and Jenner really need to get going. Three games in a row where they both have been awful.

I disagree with that a bit. Tort's can't get up there and rip into them after they just beat the Hawks, but I thought he was pretty balanced in his assessment of the game.

Here is the presser if you want to watch it again.

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/video/post-game-tortorella-102116/t-277437100/c-45548103

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
watched the game in Chicago last night.....game ended, a few words, then the telecast signed off...interesting in the difference of analysis/coverage from an established team to the CBJ methods

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
watched the game in Chicago last night.....game ended, a few words, then the telecast signed off...interesting in the difference of analysis/coverage from an established team to the CBJ methods

Maybe they do more after a win? Maybe there is a separate post-game show?

I'm honestly not sure - just guessing..

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Winner, winner chicken dinner. Grats to the team. Thanks to FSO for streaming the games now, I was able to catch the 3rd period from my phone.

That was kind of an ugly 3rd period, but they held on.

This Werenski kid seems like he might turn out ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad