GDT: Game 3 | Columbus at Carolina | 10/10 7PM

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Safer play? Nobody open (to the best of my knowledge), so the correct play would be to send it high and out, and moderate the power on that so you don't get called for icing AGAIN.

I fail to see what the safer play would have been.
Not sending it up the middle. He had a guy on the opposite board wide open. Canes only had 2 guys in the Jackets zone and both were bunched together 10-15 feet away from Hanikinen

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Safer play? Nobody open (to the best of my knowledge), so the correct play would be to send it high and out, and moderate the power on that so you don't get called for icing AGAIN..

There was an easy play off the boards. You don't lift it with Skinner staring at you with no one between him and your goalie. The center of the ice is almost always the wrong place to put that puck in that situation. You are simply trying to clear the zone. When it's in the neutral zone, you have far more options.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There was an easy play off the boards. You don't lift it with Skinner staring at you with no one between him and your goalie. The center of the ice is almost always the wrong place to put that puck in that situation. You are simply trying to clear the zone. When it's in the neutral zone, you have far more options.
The Canes had guys on the boards, so I'm not sure where that play was. :dunno:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Are we seeing a legend emerge before our eyes???? Sonny !!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad