GDT: Game 3 | Columbus at Carolina | 10/10 7PM

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Dano looked great here, where is he now? That’s my point, it takes time to see what we have. We have to wait and see what he brings to the table, stats look good but it’s only been 3 games. He still has a long way to go in becoming a complete player as well.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dano looked great here, where is he now? That’s my point, it takes time to see what we have. We have to wait and see what he brings to the table, stats look good but it’s only been 3 games. He still has a long way to go in becoming a complete player as well.

The coach disagrees with you.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
All I’m saying is it’s been 3 games. Let’s see how he does over a full season. Why do people get so butt hurt about waiting to see. Milano has still proven nothing.
Because most posts here were showing excitement about what he's doing now followed by "let's not presume this will continue perpetually into blissful eternity" - aka being happy with what we have with cautious optimism for the future - and your offering was a direct comparison to one of the biggest busts in Blue Jackets history.

Or, IOW, your choice of means to make your point was pessimistic in the extreme. It'd be like doubting Panarin's debut because "look how Carter did".

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He's earned the right to play even when Jenner comes back. He's forced his way from the bubble to a regular skater. I am really glad to see it and hope he keeps it up.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
He's earned the right to play even when Jenner comes back. He's forced his way from the bubble to a regular skater. I am really glad to see it and hope he keeps it up.

I agree 100%. If not for him we'd have 1 goal in the last 2 games.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
He still could bust @CBJWennberg10 that was my point. You can’t say “he’s not a bust” after 3 games lol. See Rychel, Dano, Filatov etc

Why are you so butt hurt over Sonny Milano? We are starting Dubois & Milano after starting Anderson Bjork and Nutti as rookies last year.. if these guys keep progressing and our D stands up for Bob.. we are going to be really really good. I grew up a Hawks fan I remember Bobby Hull's 1st cup and I remember when he Makito and Tony Esposito were young players, so get off Milano's ass he's done nothing but work hard to get where he is. Lets all toast Sonny Milano he has contributed to 2 of 3 wins.. and has plenty of room to get better as he gains confidence. Salute!!!

LoveCBJ

Jan 17, 2009
South Carolina
I agree with most of what you said as I was there also. Calvert & Sedlak were all over the ice. Many do not care for Wennberg but he had two or three really nice backchecks in the game. Bob's glove was cat-quick last night especially in the 3rd and overtime. The whole face-off thing is a joke and Dubi was getting pissed off about it. Thought Murray was great and controlled the puck well. Go Jackets!

Here's my take on tonight's game from inside PNC arena

--pick a seat. Listed attendance 7892. Half of that would be much closer to actual fans present

--watching the linesman throw a player out of the face off circle nearly every time is nauseating.

--weather in Raleigh was 12 degrees above normal for this time of year today, humidity off the charts, thus the puck bouncing like a basketball after the first 6-7 minutes of each period..

--All 6 D men where good, Gabriel Carlsson played well and the sky is the limit. He's a giant with a long reach like Jones. He and Murray are a really strong 3rd pairing, played better than Johnson/Savard tonight.

--I haven't seen a replay, but watching it live the boarding Pesce drew against Foligno was bull****, he turned at the last minute knowing Foligno couldn't get stopped to make it look much worse than it was, Foligno did all He could to pull up before He hit him

--good to see 77 back with the team.

--Matt Calvert played like Matt Calvert

--I was more of a threat to score from my seat than Wennberg was on the ice.

--Panarin is gripping the stick too hard, some Canes fans/good southern friendly people were laughing at me because I was celebrating a goal before he even shot the puck that hit the post

--Bjork was invisible, I think he'll be fine He may be a player who needs to find the right line and stick with it....but many more games like tonight and he will be losing ice time fast.

--You can not appreciate how strong Pierre-Luc Dubois is until you see him play in person, he wasn't great tonight. had couple bad turnovers, but when He gets used to the speed at this level and makes better decisions He is going to be a force, I see him spending a lot of time in "the blue."

--have to win more face offs. Pitiful tonight (39%)

--Couple of poster's felt Hannikainen sent the puck high enough just a bad break. it looked clearly to me like He was trying to hit the empty net, He had plenty of time to get it higher, it was a bad play.....in the end they still got 2 points, lesson learned.

--how in the **** does Aho miss the net by 4 feet on the 3-1 in overtime. He had time and space. Thought for sure game was over there.

--happy to Milano off to a great start, shows what hard work in the off season can do. I may be the only poster on here but I say slow down on moving him up to the top line.......if they do that he's going to play against the other teams top line and top D pair. He's doing fine right where's He's at, why move him? 9-10-13-17-28 need to produce more. Leave Milano on the 2nd-3rd line.

--both goalies were tremendous. Great pick up for Canes getting Darling, He's a starting NHL goalie, not backup.

--Jackets only play in Raleigh twice, so if my recap of the games here really bothers you it only happens 1 more time this year.

#CBJ

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
@CBJWennberg10 No way Torts thinks Milano is a complete player.

If so that’s sad.

"Tortorella raved about some of Milano's “end-zone” coverages, and said he did “a really good job along the wall, protecting pucks, getting pucks out.”

https://theathletic.com/124090/2017...wing-into-sam-gagners-role-with-blue-jackets/

No, he didn't call him a complete player. But he's improved immensely and his offensive abilities bring so much to the roster. I don't know why you can't just say you were wrong about him so far.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
It even came to me while I was eating my alphabet soup over lunch

newsign.php
Late to the party, but this made me LOL...if only my lunch looked like that!

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
"Tortorella raved about some of Milano's “end-zone” coverages, and said he did “a really good job along the wall, protecting pucks, getting pucks out.”

https://theathletic.com/124090/2017...wing-into-sam-gagners-role-with-blue-jackets/

No, he didn't call him a complete player. But he's improved immensely and his offensive abilities bring so much to the roster. I don't know why you can't just say you were wrong about him so far.
When he sticks in the NHL and produces over a year or two then yes I will love to admit it. I want him to be a 1/2 LW, that would be GOOD for OUR team. But I’ve been let down by so many of our prospects that I’d like to see him keep it going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad