GDT: Game #3 | 10/12/17 | Wild vs. Blackhawks | 7:30PM CT / 3:30AM Finland | FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Where is Poms playing in the lineup? Role matters... line mates matter, would he even have the same chances here?
First line with Eichel Foligno played next Eichel also the results have been better with Pominville.With the Wild injuries yes he would be very nice to have him right now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Where is Poms playing in the lineup? Role matters... line mates matter, would he even have the same chances here?
We couldn't use Poms now? Really?

In any event, my comment was an extension of my reply to the poster who commented on how much better Ennis is than Pominville. Had to laugh at that.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
wow we won but at what cost? now 4 of our top 6 goal scorers are mai. foligno was winning then gets clocked and loses teeth. dang. lets not forget hawks could have scored 4G in that mid 2nd period blitzkrieg. whats the deal with cap & injury callups? on kfan they said we may have to play shorthanded?

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory

In any event, my comment was an extension of my reply to the poster who commented on how much better Ennis is than Pominville. Had to laugh at that.

We could use him as an extra forward yes. But to think he would be on the same scoring pace playing 4th line like Ennis is just wrong. Regardless of that trade we would still be down forwards.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Well the fact that we wouldn't have Ennis or Foligno if we had Poms makes it kind of irrelevant when it comes to the whole extra bodies thing. The trade actually gave us an extra forward and we're still down.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
We could use him as an extra forward yes. But to think he would be on the same scoring pace playing 4th line like Ennis is just wrong. Regardless of that trade we would still be down forwards.
Except he had 47 points playing a third line role last year.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Except he had 47 points playing a third line role last year.
He was also used to playing with his teammates and had chemistry built up. Ennis who has played very little the last two years is going to take a little more time to get things going.

Also him being here wouldn't help our forward shortage, we would actually be in a worse position, so its a null point.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I was just asking a legit question... obviously a healthy Poms would be of use here with our injuries, I was just curious about what his role there is right now.

Though considering we'd have even less cap space and who knows if we could have signed both Nino and Granlund anyway had the move not been made... his being of help would be a moot hypothetical anyway.

NHL on the fly just said that the Sabres have only had 3 players score through 4 games... Poms, Eichel and Kane. Not surprisingly, they're winless.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Can really view it as Pominville or Ennis+Cullen. Pominville is finishing some of his chances now, which is great for him, but he has 4 goals on 7 shots or the exact same as Chris Stewart, while being on pace through 4 games for the lowest shot total of his career while playing with a phenom center. I'll wait more than 4 games to really make a judgement call on whether he's recaptured his past successes and have no problem at this point with Ennis+Cullen in his place.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
What I noticed was

Spurgeon handles his size like
latest

Ennis handles his size like
XrSxUp.gif

Ennis digs the puck out of the corner like
Dog-bounces-off-ball.gif

I admire the tenacity, but sweet jesus, Hockey Bridgewater, that you escaped this time while the oafy power forwards got dinged is only going to make the next Final Destination movie even worse.

In closing,
tumblr_inline_o0lvj7b8yw1qd2dks_500.gif

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Last night I learned much of the Chicago fan base on these boards are not knowledgeable of the rules of hockey.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Last night I learned much of the Chicago fan base on these boards are not knowledgeable of the rules of hockey.

I am 100% confident, if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be having the same reaction that it didn't constitute possession or the contact between zucker/seabrook should have resulted in offside.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Was this similar to the Parise offside goal against Chicago last year? I remember that one being controversial too.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Was this similar to the Parise offside goal against Chicago last year? I remember that one being controversial too.
That one was different because I think in that one Parise was originally offside but then hit the blue line again while the puck never left the zone, so almost like he re-tagged up to use a baseball term.

For this one, Zucker was in before the puck, but Seabrook's skate pushed the puck into the zone afterwards (accidentally, as he was laying on the ice). There is some debate on the rule on whether that should count as the defender bringing the puck into the zone or not.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
That's right...I saw the play last night but couldn't remember exactly how the Parise one went since I was at the game. I remember the review took like 10 minutes or something.

I can see how this one can be argued either way...I saw someone throwing a rule around on twitter yesterday that makes it seem clear that this one should have counted. But oh well, we'll take it. We need some luck right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad