GDT: Game 29: Columbus vs. Minnesota | 12/6 7PM EST

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Johan is playing hot right now, but so was Gaborik, and then he went through a slump. Horton hasn't played a game yet. That statement is slightly premature.

We'll see if this is just a hot streak or a permanent thing, that'll tell us whether its premature or not. And not just the hot scoring streak but on the year as a whole Johansen is on track for 60 or so points. That's ahead of what Horton's done in recent years.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Good Jackets real fun to watch..................make me uber happy........:D

Makes my Winter Lager even more yummy................

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Jackets always look good when I'm not in attendance - might need to give up my season tickets.

Mac was solid, but the defense in front of him was even better.

Did Wiz ever return to the bench? Hope he's not injured.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Can't watch the game, but never saw so many strange reasons for penalties. Butt ending and head butting?

If your looking at the NHL.com boxscores, lately it's been all weird with those types of calls. There's a thread somewhere in the hockey forum section.

Completely different from the TSN box scores.

Paisano*

Shutout for Mc.... awesome...

We actually gained ground in the standings tonight...

Well, I'm heading down to Aruba (via San Juan) for the next week so will be away, four games next week, keep the run going...

Well, try not to miss the Jackets too much......in Aruba:naughty:

bizzz*

Joey has 9 points in the last 5 games.
And Ryan Murray leads the Jackets in plus/minus.

Last edited by a moderator:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It actually pains me to say this, but that was actually a pretty damn good telecast.

I agree. Shelley adds a lot, and Rimer was fine. (Although maybe you shouldn't listen to me, I think Rimer is normally okay).

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Great game. I'm a bit hesitant to draw conclusions from it because the Wild were obviously tired.

deetman

Oct 31, 2009
Philadelphia
I agree. Shelley adds a lot, and Rimer was fine. (Although maybe you shouldn't listen to me, I think Rimer is normally okay).

Shelley was great... makes me wonder if my true hatred of Rimer/Davidge stems from Davidge. Rimer and Davidge really don't seem to work all that well together. I suppose it also helps that having Shelley there at ice level adds many more things for them to talk about. I don't think we had a single college story from Davidge tonight during the game (not sure about intermissions, didn't watch).

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Fun game to go to. The Jackets had their legs. Cam with the snipe, Boone finishing a tic tac toe, Foligno with the grease and Umby can put it into an open net!

Many more fans than I though showed.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
Shelley was great... makes me wonder if my true hatred of Rimer/Davidge stems from Davidge. Rimer and Davidge really don't seem to work all that well together. I suppose it also helps that having Shelley there at ice level adds many more things for them to talk about. I don't think we had a single college story from Davidge tonight during the game (not sure about intermissions, didn't watch).

I'm ok with Davidge. Rimer's inability to match his tone and emotion to what is happening in the game is painful. Shelley was pretty good and like our young team he'll get better with experience.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Now THAT is the team from last year. If they can get back into that forechecking grove, they can do some damage.

Kington91

Apr 30, 2012
Grandview Heights
I'm ok with Davidge. Rimer's inability to match his tone and emotion to what is happening in the game is painful. Shelley was pretty good and like our young team he'll get better with experience.

So so true. Rimer has no ability to control his excitement, it is hard to listen to. It's interesting though how it seems like he doesn't sound as excited on plays we actually score on. He is crazy on random dump ins, but mellow on some scoring plays. Drives me up a wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad