GDT: Game 28: Avalanche at Panthros - Thundercats are Loose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
All I saw were the highlights and those looked pretty good. Nice goal by MacKinnon.

Don't like seeing Girard's ice time cut that much.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Skipped this one entirely but how do we win a game 7-3 and walk away so negative? What happened?

Well, it was a bit of an odd win for sure. Avs deserve credit (especially MacKinnon) to come surging back after some terrible mistakes led to a 2-1 deficit, but this was another sloppy effort that featured poor decisions both by the players and the coaches. It helped The Avs that the Cats were missing both Barkov and Dadonov and Reimer wasn’t especially good.

I’ll say this though, that might have been the best I’ve seen Colin Wilson play this season. I hope that, in addition to ending this 7D nonsense, he keeps that Ghetto-Wilson-Compher trio together.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Playoffs-Baby.jpg

No?

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Rewatched the replay over and over. Looks like the puck hit him in the side of the thigh right above the knee. Probably a stinger and he came out during a commercial to skate, score was out of hand and he left.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think it's smart to cut young d-men like Zadorov, Girard ice time when they are struggling, because you don't want them to keep making mistakes and lose confidence which will screw up their development. Gotta be patient and careful with young d-men like that.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
We don't have a topic for next week yet, so I'll put this here..

I hope they will call up Greer and have him play on the 2nd line. Especially if they're going to send Jost to the WJC anyway.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That play JTC made on Wilsons goal last night was amazing for two reasons.

1) It was a great example of his speed to be able to do that and a great pass to Wilson.

2) It was a play that IMO is starting to show a real sign of progress and of him "Figuring it out" in the NHL so to speak. It takes a lot of confidence in yourself and in your ability to make that play and he went and did it.

I have a suspicion he's about to take the bull by the horns regarding that 2C spot and run with it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think it's smart to cut young d-men like Zadorov, Girard ice time when they are struggling, because you don't want them to keep making mistakes and lose confidence which will screw up their development. Gotta be patient and careful with young d-men like that.
Girard at his age? No, send him down.

Zadorov also needs to be playing plenty in order to develop. You learn by being out there, not by watching.
We don't have a topic for next week yet, so I'll put this here..

I hope they will call up Greer and have him play on the 2nd line. Especially if they're going to send Jost to the WJC anyway.
I definitely wouldn't.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
That play JTC made on Wilsons goal last night was amazing for two reasons.

1) It was a great example of his speed to be able to do that and a great pass to Wilson.

2) It was a play that IMO is starting to show a real sign of progress and of him "Figuring it out" in the NHL so to speak. It takes a lot of confidence in yourself and in your ability to make that play and he went and did it.

I have a suspicion he's about to take the bull by the horns regarding that 2C spot and run with it.

It was smart use of his speed for sure. For years I was on Mackinnon for not knowing how to use his speed. It looks like JTC knows when to go and when not to already. If that were Mackinnon last year he would have gone wide like JTC and then button hooked it and looked for Barrie instead of making that pass where 2 teammates are driving hard to the net haha.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It was smart use of his speed for sure. For years I was on Mackinnon for not knowing how to use his speed. It looks like JTC knows when to go and when not to already. If that were Mackinnon last year he would have gone wide like JTC and then button hooked it and looked for Barrie instead of making that pass where 2 teammates are driving hard to the net haha.
Lmao with 5 sticks in the passing lane to Barrie, too, he still would have tried to feather it across. Ahhh the good times of last year.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I see Bednar was at it again making excuses for players with bad hits that hurt his best players. Last year it was flat out saying he didn’t think Trouba should be suspended for the high hit that concussed Duchene. Now it’s Huberdeau's hard hit from behind on Landy.

Says he thinks Huberdeau “eased up a bit." Landy was clearly hurt laying on the ice, and had noticeably less jump the rest of the game. I'm surprised the concussion protocol staff didn't flag him.

Even if he did ease up, it was still a hard hit from behind that hurt your captain. Is it too much to ask to have your players back once in a while when another player hurts them?

Just say it was a bad hit and should have been a penalty, and move on. Not make excuses for the other team's player. How's that supposed to make your captain feel?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I see Bednar was at it again making excuses for players with bad hits that hurt his best players. Last year it was flat out saying he didn’t think Trouba should be suspended for the high hit that concussed Duchene. Now it’s Huberdeau's hard hit from behind on Landy.

Says he thinks Huberdeau “eased up a bit." Landy was clearly hurt laying on the ice, and had noticeably less jump the rest of the game. I'm surprised the concussion protocol staff didn't flag him.

Even if he did ease up, it was still a hard hit from behind that hurt your captain. Is it too much to ask to have your players back once in a while when another player hurts them?

Just say it was a bad hit and should have been a penalty, and move on. Not make excuses for the other team's player. How's that supposed to make your captain feel?
He's one of the most milquetoast coaches I've ever seen. No fire in his gut at all. Maybe it's just because I had gotten used to Roy's nonstop competitive motor, but it's so hard to listen to him talk when, win or lose, he always sounds like he's discussing what he should have for lunch tomorrow.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Didn't watch the game except in a bar for few minutes... Why did we win the Panthers? Was the effort there all night?

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Bednar is a loser. He brings nothing.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I went off on Bednar earlier in this thread for not saying a damn thing to the refs for that hit. It must be nice to play for a guy who doesn't have your back.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's one of the most milquetoast coaches I've ever seen. No fire in his gut at all.

Like I said before he looks like he has some form of mild Aspergers syndrom. Always the same monotone, "no high no low" person. These type of people are often a calming figure, especially around younger adults. He's the kind of guy that will bring you down to his level when you're too high, but also bring you up to his level when you're down.

I don't think it's necessarily bad for the team that he's like that TBH. Sakic's a bit like that, too.

Reactions: 5280
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad