GDT: Game #28: Anaheim Ducks @ New York Islanders, 4:30pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Tell that to the sacramento kings or the okc thunders. They blew it up all for kids and are finally putting it together

The Thunder didn't purposely blow up their roster for kids. PG-13 wanted out and, stupidly, the Clippers obliged by giving them SGA and draft picks for forever. I didn't want to part with SGA nor did I want Leonard being a defacto GM. Dumb and desperate move to want to acquire two broke-down stars.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Does anyone know if getting 2nd overall counted as winning a lottery? Does the 2 in 5 rule count 2oa?
A 2nd pick in the draft has a 93% or something like that to be a cornerstone franchise player.

I thought zegras would be that guy, but mctavish has a better attitude than zegras. Still not sure on carlsson

The Thunder didn't purposely blow up their roster for kids. PG-13 wanted out and, stupidly, the Clippers obliged by giving them SGA and draft picks for forever. I didn't want to part with SGA nor did I want Leonard being a defacto GM. Dumb and desperate move to want to acquire two broke-down stars.
And thats how you do a full rebuild. Blow it all up

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I still don’t think it did, because they didn’t move up. I could be wrong though (with my track record, I probably am)

Yup, they changed the rule. You only win the lottery if you win 1st overall or move up. Ducks own the worst record and moved down, thus not winning the lottery.

That’s right. It doesn’t count as a win unless you improve position.

Wait. We owned the worst record last year and if we won the 1st overall pick, then that's considered not an improved position?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
A 2nd pick in the draft has a 93% or something like that to be a cornerstone franchise player.

I thought zegras would be that guy, but mctavish has a better attitude than zegras. Still not sure on carlsson

Wut? Shouldn't we be focused on talent, skills, strength, and durability than attitude? Killorn and Gudas have attitude, but they're not leading the Ducks to constant victories right now.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Wut? Shouldn't we be focused on talent, skills, strength, and durability than attitude? Killorn and Gudas have attitude, but they're not leading the Ducks to constant victories right now.
The best player isnt always your captain. The attitude is.

Talented pouters are never a good captain

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
IIRC, Carlsson took a blatant high stick prior to the game tying goal by the Islanders.

John

There was also the non-tripping call on Jones, but they were able to call it 5 seconds later when Fowler tripped an Isle.

Still doesn't dissuade from the fact the Ducks got a call to be on the PP late in the game. Anaheim should have come away with at least a point or high point of winning in regulation. Instead, the worst outcome happened, we gave up a shortie.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Yup, they changed the rule. You only win the lottery if you win 1st overall or move up. Ducks own the worst record and moved down, thus not winning the lottery.

Wait. We owned the worst record last year and if we won the 1st overall pick, then that's considered not an improved position?
Yes, the rule is there to prevent teams from having luck move them up in the draft multiple times, not teams who legitimately deserve those picks.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
IIRC, Carlsson took a blatant high stick prior to the game tying goal by the Islanders.

John
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
And thats how you do a full rebuild. Blow it all up

Again, the Thunder didn't want to blow it up. The Clippers forced OKC to blow it up. LMFAO.

But what's with the contradictory "attitude" angle? The Clippers got Leonard and PG-13. They are both superstars with the right attitude to winning. Yet, the Clippers remain bannerless for the past 4 seasons they've had both.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Again, the Thunder didn't want to blow it up. The Clippers forced OKC to blow it up. LMFAO.

But what's with the contradictory "attitude" angle? The Clippers got Leonard and PG-13. They are both superstars with the right attitude to winning. Yet, the Clippers remain bannerless for the past 4 seasons they've had both.
Thanks for pointing that out. Leonard was the most talented player on the spurs but duncan was the captain. Leonard won the games, but was the talented pouter.

Here, zegras doesnt have that captain mentality. I see it in mctavish though. Not saying zegras is a pouter, but mctaish will wear that C in 3 years

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yes, the rule is there to prevent teams from having luck move them up in the draft multiple times, not teams who legitimately deserve those picks.

You misread my comments. You agreed with my first comment, but didn't answer my second comment about "improved position". If the Duck won the lottery for 1st overall, but were the last placed team, then is that considered "not improving position"? If true, then the Ducks can circumvent the number of times it can win by staying in the same position since they never improved their position.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Well I bet the Ducks local TV ratings were up because they made it seem like McTavish, Zegras and Drysdale would be back in the game.

Reactions: Rybread86

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
You misread my comments. You agreed with my first comment, but didn't answer my second comment about "improved position". If the Duck won the lottery for 1st overall, but were the last placed team, then is that considered "not improving position"? If true, then the Ducks can circumvent the number of times it can win by staying in the same position since they never improved their position.
That’s what I was addressing. Yes, if a team finishes with the worst record, then getting 1 OA isn’t considered a “lottery win.”

Reactions: Ducks and Ducks DVM

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
You aren't wrong with that thinking. But it doesn't matter now. BM 100% should have moved Silf and Rico for picks once the writing was on the wall. Silf is worthless now. Fowler would have value if not for his NTC. Rico might get a 2nd.
I think we’d be very lucky to even get a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad