GDT: Game 25: Denver Avalanche vs. Shining Stars | Sunday, December 3rd, 6pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Jost a ghost tonight.
Not fair to just single out Jost, that whole line of Kerfoot, Jost and Ghetto has been terribad tonight. Too many small, skilled guys not any grit, that line needs Compher to succeed. Hopefully we'll get to see that Kerfoot, Jost, and Compher line once Landy gets back from the dunce corner.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Not fair to just single out Jost, that whole line of Kerfoot, Jost and Ghetto has been terribad tonight. Too many small, skilled guys not any grit, that line needs Compher to succeed. Hopefully we'll get to see that Kerfoot, Jost, and Compher line once Landy gets back from the dunce corner.

I think Ghetto is a negative at this point. He's soft, only really tries when he has a chance to dangle, and then gives it away.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Hes not the only ghost tonight. That entire hobbit line needs to be reconsidered. Jost is not getting enough touches.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Just tonight? I don't think I remember him ever doing anything that would justify his spot in the NHL.
And who in our organization that is not playing tonight has shown that they deserve his spot? The only one I could make an argument for at the moment is maybe Greer, but I think guys like Toninato and Bourque come out before Jost. And don't give me this Grimaldi or Agozzino BS, they're basically the same player, and I'd much prefer to watch a 19 year old Jost make mistakes than two 24+ year old AHL journeymen.

SO I'm not sure what you're problem is with Jost, he is better than any other option we have.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Barbie getting significantly less minutes then the rest of the D through 2 periods. So at least there's that.

Although he's still about 8 minutes higher then he should be.

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think Ghetto is a negative at this point. He's soft, only really tries when he has a chance to dangle, and then gives it away.

Took some time but we're seeing why the guys from waivers were originally on waivers. I'm including Ghetto even though Avs didn't actually claim him. Ghetto, Nieto, and Barberio are all really bad right now.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Hes not the only ghost tonight. That entire hobbit line needs to be reconsidered. Jost is not getting enough touches.
Agreed. I'd personally just switch Compher and Jost. Just to get the lines evened out a bit. Compher is playing great, but we need his style of play with Kerfoot and Ghetto. Jost could benefit from playing with MacK, maybe get his confidence going.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Took some time but we're seeing why the guys from waivers were originally on waivers. I'm including Ghetto even though Avs didn't actually claim him. Ghetto, Nieto, and Barberio are all really bad right now.

Yup the honeymoon magic has officially worn off and we're seeing them for what they truly are. That fact makes me a little nervous about how much faith we have in Nemeth to improve our defense.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Honestly...I mentioned it on the 1st page of this thread...faceoffs are a major problem. Even if it doesn't directly turns into goals against you're just always on the backfoot chasing pucks. Centers with less than 45% on faceoffs just shouldn't take any. Why is MacKinnon taking the faceoffs when both of his wingers have better numbers? When Kamenev returns he might be able to help out but this is also something they have to look at in practice. This may very well be the biggest problem of the Duchene trade. He was epic, winning over 56% this season.

Well a top 2 center like Dutchy is not going to help anyone if he is only good at taking the draws.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Well a top 2 center like Dutchy is not going to help anyone if he is only good at taking the draws.

Sure. But he still was the only real good faceoff guy the Avs had. Rantanen was at 53% before the game but very small sample size. The only other guy above 50% is Compher at 50,6%. This means nothing else but a lot of chasing...game after game. And it leads to stuff like that faceoff violation we just saw. Kamenev is pretty good at faceoffs. Let's hope he'll return rather soon.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
And who in our organization that is not playing tonight has shown that they deserve his spot? The only one I could make an argument for at the moment is maybe Greer, but I think guys like Toninato and Bourque come out before Jost. And don't give me this Grimaldi or Agozzino BS, they're basically the same player, and I'd much prefer to watch a 19 year old Jost make mistakes than two 24+ year old AHL journeymen.

SO I'm not sure what you're problem is with Jost, he is better than any other option we have.

I actually think Toninato has been a really solid 4C and can already play in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad