GDT: Game 25: Columbus vs. Detroit | 3/9 2:00 PM EST

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Hey Blue Jackets fans, must say I really love this little streak the Blue Jackets are on. I hope they can keep it up. As some have been saying, the Jackets have been in almost every game they've played so far in this short Season but they'd been coming up just short. It seems now that maybe they've found a way to get on the winning end. And regardless of the fact that they're 14th in the West, they're still only 4 points back of 5th... Imagine that; ****, keep it going!!

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Found on twitter.

ZGfbkue.gif

Finally found my Avatar

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hey Blue Jackets fans, must say I really love this little streak the Blue Jackets are on. I hope they can keep it up. As some have been saying, the Jackets have been in almost every game they've played so far in this short Season but they'd been coming up just short. It seems now that maybe they've found a way to get on the winning end. And regardless of the fact that they're 14th in the West, they're still only 4 points back of 5th... Imagine that; ****, keep it going!!

Nice smackdown of the Flyers today. Maybe they regret giving up Bob now? Thanks for the kind words.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This team is playing amazing hockey. Could it be that with a reliable goalie we are actually a "good" hockey team?

It could be exactly that. The only time this franchise has been any good is with a reliable goalie. Bobby right now is the goalie I hoped he could be 9but not surprised when he wasn't).

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
It could be exactly that. The only time this franchise has been any good is with a reliable goalie. Bobby right now is the goalie I hoped he could be 9but not surprised when he wasn't).

I'd rather not pile on Mason.

Only elite goalies can survive multiple seasons behind a disastrous blue line (e.g. Luongo, Miller, Lehtonen...). Maybe we thought too much of Mason at first, but the franchise consistently fielded a bottom 5 Top 6; not even Hitchcock could get much done with such a weak D-corps.

Maybe we thought too much of Mason when he first came, but we would've needed a superstar to have gotten us into the playoffs more times.

At least Howson stockpiled on good D-men and acquired good two-way forwards before his time was up. Now it looks good enough for our goalies to build some confidence and I'm happy to see Bob running away with the opportunity.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Don't go away mad Wings fans, just go away.

Bobrovsky for mayor.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Just so you guys know this is the more specific RW lineup:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner
Cleary - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Tatar - Andersson - Eaves
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Smith
Lashoff - Kindl

Gustavsson (starting tonight)
Howard

That defense is not good.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Thanks. I hope you come to hate us next year. :laugh:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Fun game start to finish. The lower bowl was about a quarter red. Really great to keep them quiet for a change!

I previously was of a mind that the NHL had figured out Calvert's game and shut him down after his explosive debut last year. Last year he was a fart in a skillet. All energy, little else. The difference I see this year is a STRONGER Matty, same hustle. There ya go. Looks NHL ready now.

Tyuts skated the length of the ice after the horn to retrieve the game puck for Bob's first career shut out. Tyuts plays Big Russian Papa Bear to those guys. I like his leadership. Quiet, but pretty valuable in the little areas.

And Brass? How about Brass??? He skated harder than I have EVER seen him. Also a beast in the circle. I think the radio said 11 out of 14, many against Datsyuk. Props to Derick/Derrick/Derek. His passing is a thing of beauty lately.

I could love this team.

I would think the Wings are going to come out hot tomorrow, though. Can't imagine #13 having a second game in a row like this one.

Great time at Nationwide. Where were the ACA? I actually haven't heard them in about 6 games. Are they still around? Even Mike Todd was without his scarf today. Not complaining....

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Finally back from the game. Pretty much agree with everyone else. Complete team effort.

Man, I am really enjoying watching Matty and Cam. They are just fun to watch. Also Erixon. Hell, the kids are alright!

Gratz to Bob on the SO.

I absolutely love, love, love it when Wings fans are forced to sit on their hands all game. How many times have we sent them home happy, so this season has been so sweet. I have to give them credit, though. Win or lose, with a few exceptions, they behave themselves. They act like they have been there before.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Back from really good game. Matty C & Lil' Cam are starting to grow on me. They were really buzzing today. And Bob the Blocker...................he was quite a standout today.

Oh, & by the way; TooToo is an *******........................:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Just came in to say congrats on the winning streak. You guys have played us tough each time and it's about time you guys had something to get excited about. I have no doubts that JD and Jarmo will get you guys back in the playoffs relatively soon.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
It is seriously satisfying beating the Wings like the boys did today, after years of them handing it to us. To take the series from them is great. Granted they aren't the Wings of the past, but just the same it is nice. Wing fan is one of the more behaved fans that come in and expect a win. The six or so of them to my right didn't make peep the whole game.

This team is really playing well. They are working as a unit. 1st pick or 10th, it is great to see what a bunch of hard workers can do.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I was surprised at how well behaved the Wings fans seemed to be today. Maybe the early start made it harder for them to be drunk before the game started.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I was surprised at how well behaved the Wings fans seemed to be today. Maybe the early start made it harder for them to be drunk before the game started.

And, I think we are 3-0 as far as keeping the seafood off the ice this year, right?
:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4