GDT: Game 25: Columbus vs. Detroit | 3/9 2:00 PM EST

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
I'd skipped the last three games due to a) Other things, b) Snowstorm, c) a cold, so I wanted to take this in before I go to Florida for a couple weeks.

Bob shutout. Season series win against the Wings. Vinny trollin'.

Hell. Yes.

This team is more impressive than I thought they would be. They've been winning of late and, when they don't and as a user on another board said, they "lose competitively". We can hope the hot streak up. (And hey, the nine-game one-goal game streak ends...with a 3-0 CBJ win!)

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
And Brass? How about Brass??? He skated harder than I have EVER seen him. Also a beast in the circle. I think the radio said 11 out of 14, many against Datsyuk. Props to Derick/Derrick/Derek. His passing is a thing of beauty lately.

That was exactly my big takeaway from the game. Brass seemed to be playing with a lot more intensity.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Fun game start to finish. The lower bowl was about a quarter red. Really great to keep them quiet for a change!

I previously was of a mind that the NHL had figured out Calvert's game and shut him down after his explosive debut last year. Last year he was a fart in a skillet. All energy, little else. The difference I see this year is a STRONGER Matty, same hustle. There ya go. Looks NHL ready now.

Tyuts skated the length of the ice after the horn to retrieve the game puck for Bob's first career shut out. Tyuts plays Big Russian Papa Bear to those guys. I like his leadership. Quiet, but pretty valuable in the little areas.

And Brass? How about Brass??? He skated harder than I have EVER seen him. Also a beast in the circle. I think the radio said 11 out of 14, many against Datsyuk. Props to Derick/Derrick/Derek. His passing is a thing of beauty lately.

I could love this team.

I would think the Wings are going to come out hot tomorrow, though. Can't imagine #13 having a second game in a row like this one.

Great time at Nationwide. Where were the ACA? I actually haven't heard them in about 6 games. Are they still around? Even Mike Todd was without his scarf today. Not complaining....

I think this too.

Who are the leaders of this team?

This team has changed a lot in terms of heart and hard work. With the new GM, and JD, the consensus seems to be there will be a lot of change. Not necessarily bad with this team, but I'm beginning to hope it through addition a lot more than subtraction.

The change in the room is coming from leaders, and I've been thinking lately that Tyuts is one of them. In that sense, I hope he's not traded due to the surplus of D men

NickyMaz

Dec 19, 2011
Omaha, NE
Though I'm a Rangers fan I am first and foremost a hockey fan, so I come in peace to comment.

Last night my wife and I wanted to get out of Dayton and do something fun so I went on stubhub and got tickets for this game (and I'm really glad I did).

This was our first CBJ game and we were really impressed with Nationwide, the fans and the atmosphere. We were sitting in section 119 so I got to see CBJ defend in the 1st and 3rd.

The game was awesome, Bobrovsky is a good goalie but he was outstanding in this game. I remember him starting in the Winter Classic last year for the Flyers and you guys definitely got the better goaltender from Philly! It was also great to see former Rangers Prospal and Erixon on the ice (hope Arty and Dubi get back soon). I was really impressed with the power play, penalty kill and defense.

The Red Wings seemed really flat, their goaltender was very weak. While I saw a couple sparks of brilliance from guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg they just didn't show up. Towards the end they got frustrated and took dumb penalties.

Overall, it was a great experience. I wish I had come up for a game sooner and I will definitely be back (maybe I'll wear my Nash NYR jersey, thanks guys!).

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Columbus manages to keep Det on the outside better than any other team Det has played this season, imo. Though this one was rather flattening performance by Det it was evident in earlier games too. Good to see Bob get that shutout. The Wings fan in me is pissed though :laugh:.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Though I'm a Rangers fan I am first and foremost a hockey fan, so I come in peace to comment.

Last night my wife and I wanted to get out of Dayton and do something fun so I went on stubhub and got tickets for this game (and I'm really glad I did).

This was our first CBJ game and we were really impressed with Nationwide, the fans and the atmosphere. We were sitting in section 119 so I got to see CBJ defend in the 1st and 3rd.

The game was awesome, Bobrovsky is a good goalie but he was outstanding in this game. I remember him starting in the Winter Classic last year for the Flyers and you guys definitely got the better goaltender from Philly! It was also great to see former Rangers Prospal and Erixon on the ice (hope Arty and Dubi get back soon). I was really impressed with the power play, penalty kill and defense.

The Red Wings seemed really flat, their goaltender was very weak. While I saw a couple sparks of brilliance from guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg they just didn't show up. Towards the end they got frustrated and took dumb penalties.

Overall, it was a great experience. I wish I had come up for a game sooner and I will definitely be back (maybe I'll wear my Nash NYR jersey, thanks guys!).

New fans are always welcome at the 'Wide! Come back here to the home board, too, your Rags viewpoint will be welcome (by most!), as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: