GDT: Game 25: Columbus vs. Detroit | 3/9 2:00 PM EST

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
This team is playing amazing hockey. Could it be that with a reliable goalie we are actually a "good" hockey team?

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Another solid effort. The coaching staff continues to do a good job of getting the team ready especially of late. The players believe in each other and are fighting for one another. And this team is a very hard working team and that's no bull. Don't know if this continues but they are really playing well and getting more confident with each win. Can't wait to get Arty and Dubi healthy. And if I can single out one player it's Matt Calvert. He is possessed right now. Good on you Matty. Keep it up boys.

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
Winning is sweet and a win against Detroit is even sweeter. Awesome effort again tonight and a well deserved win. Too bad we didn't get to see Boll pummel Tootoo. Also congrats to Bob for the first shutout. The last time Columbus shutout the opposing team was a little over a year ago btw, March 1st 2012, 2-0 in Colorado.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
This team is playing amazing hockey. Could it be that with a reliable goalie we are actually a "good" hockey team?

The lack of proven scorers is of great concern. It will limit the upside to this team.

However, it's great to see the team put together a 4 game winning streak. They're doing what they need to do to win and that's certainly a good start on the quest toward respectability.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
That was a complete 60 minute game; tight checking, solid defense, excellent goal tending, offensive speed entering their zone and goals off of hustle....

Best game I've seen in a long time, gotta give Todd Richards credit for turning this team around, he has them playing above their ability....

Great win for Bob, first SO in his history.... When was the last time the CBJ won four in a row???

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
That was a complete 60 minute game; tight checking, solid defense, excellent goal tending, offensive speed entering their zone and goals off of hustle....

Best game I've seen in a long time, gotta give Todd Richards credit for turning this team around, he has them playing above their ability....

Great win for Bob, first SO in his history.... When was the last time the CBJ won four in a row???

Perhaps, "to its ability"??

In any case, coaches always talk about "playing with desperation". Perhaps Richards is "coaching with desperation".

SnygGo

Jul 6, 2006
Sundsvall, Sweden
Really impressed with the play the last 10 games or so. Absolutely fantastic to see the guys sweep the Wings at home. Let's keep the winning streak going tomorrow, kick them while they're down. :handclap:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Perhaps, "to its ability"??

In any case, coaches always talk about "playing with desperation". Perhaps Richards is "coaching with desperation".

Yeah, at least to their ability... I think they are playing better than expected though... Whatever, they are on a roll right now, it's nice to see.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Just glanced at the Wings GDT.

Losing to the CBJ 3 out of 4 times causes "board rage":laugh:

It's a first for them to get beat by the Jackets that much... Even when Mason was playing Calder hockey under Hitchcock's defensive shield the Jackets couldn't do what they have done this season.... winning the season series.

This is new territory, I hope it continues...

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
I kind of feel bad for all the red jerseys in the stands this afternoon. Not only do they have to leave the arena without a win, but many of them have to go back home to Detroit.

(Says the guy going back home to Cleveland...)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Big shoutout to Matt Calvert.. There wasn't a moment he wasn't engaged in one form or another, and he is quick... speedy smallish guy...

Foligno was good too.... heck, the entire team was good... great game.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I kind of feel bad for all the red jerseys in the stands this afternoon. Not only do they have to leave the arena without a win, but many of them have to go back home to Detroit.

(Says the guy going back home to Cleveland...)

The ones who drive back to their gated Arlington communities, though...what about them?

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
They're actually starting to look like the team I'd hope the Jackets would be in the offseason. And this with Wiz, AA, Dorsett, Dubi injured. Even when we lose we play competitive, entertaining hockey. I'm very pleased and we're possibly closer then we think we are. Of course we may be playing our way out of the top three, but that's what the Jackets do.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Found on twitter.

ZGfbkue.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad