GDT: Game 23: Jets @ Avs |Wednesday, November 29th, 7:30pm MT | Whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The Jets are probably my favorite team in the Central besides us. Like there roster a lot and think with some consistent goaltending and a better coach they'd be a real threat.

That said, I dont like the way that fan base gets on with some of its players. The Trouba stuff a couple years ago was beyond ridiculous. And they seem really quick to defend there own players when they do something dirty(Like the Trouba hit on Duchene), but are just as quick to start calling for criminal investigations if a gust of wind knocks one of there guys over as well.

It's one thing I think our fan base as a whole is a lot better at. We tend to call a spade a spade when it comes to the dirty plays both for and against our players. Case in point being Landy's cross check on Tkachuck over the weekend.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Jets on paper have one of the best top 6 in the league IMO:

Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers, Laine, Little, Connor

That's some serious firepower

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah they really do. And some pretty good young players outside that Top 6 as well. Lowry, Copp, Roslovic, Lemieux.

They've got a real bright future if they ever see the light behind the bench. Maurice has held that team back for 2-3 years now. Although he did get them Laine so not all bad I guess.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Jets on paper have one of the best top 6 in the league IMO:

Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers, Laine, Little, Connor

That's some serious firepower
Oh man, I love the show Wheeler Ehlers on Discovery Channel.

E: Apparently it's on something called Velocity in the US.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The Jets are probably my favorite team in the Central besides us. Like there roster a lot and think with some consistent goaltending and a better coach they'd be a real threat.

That said, I dont like the way that fan base gets on with some of its players. The Trouba stuff a couple years ago was beyond ridiculous. And they seem really quick to defend there own players when they do something dirty(Like the Trouba hit on Duchene), but are just as quick to start calling for criminal investigations if a gust of wind knocks one of there guys over as well.

It's one thing I think our fan base as a whole is a lot better at. We tend to call a spade a spade when it comes to the dirty plays both for and against our players. Case in point being Landy's cross check on Tkachuck over the weekend.
If you think the fans of a team who had no team for twenty years because of Phoenix are entitled, just hope Quebec never gets another NHL team.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If you think the fans of a team who had no team for twenty years because of Phoenix are entitled, just hope Quebec never gets another NHL team.
Quebec would have a 90%+ francophone fanbase so you'd not have to worry too much about them. At least not on HF.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Quebec would have a 90%+ francophone fanbase so you'd not have to worry too much about them. At least not on HF.
d63.jpeg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Never fear everybody. I got last minute seats for tonight and my good luck charm sister is coming. Rally win incoming!

Same, I’m bringing my good luck roommate the game with me. He’s 5-1 this year so let’s hope to keep the luck going.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Same, I’m bringing my good luck roommate the game with me. He’s 5-1 this year so let’s hope to keep the luck going.
I'm 3-1 so far, Boston, Chicago, Carolina, and just the last game against Calgary was a loss. They were astonishingly 8-7 with me last year, so I think it's basically a lock.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I have a bad feeling about tonight, Winnipeg is so damn potent.

Laine, Ehlers, Scheifele, Wheeler, Little, and now Connor. That's a lethal top 6.

I really wanna see Zadorov go out and crush Scheifele again :laugh: don't injure the guy or anything but man that would ruffle a whole lot of feathers.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm 3-1 so far, Boston, Chicago, Carolina, and just the last game against Calgary was a loss. They were astonishingly 8-7 with me last year, so I think it's basically a lock.

I’m 6-2 this year, saw the Blues and Flames losses. My roommate last year was like 5-6 last year which I consider as a winning record for last year. Lol

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Ehlers is such a stud, wish he was an Av. I actually like him wayyyy more than Nylander.

Helps too when you have a 6'5 225lbs winger who can score goals like this.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Ehlers is such a stud, wish he was an Av. I actually like him wayyyy more than Nylander.

Helps too when you have a 6'5 225lbs winger who can score goals like this.

I like Ehlers a lot too , and more than Nylander as well.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hard to believe Blake Wheeler is on his third NHL team (if you count the Coyotes even though he never actually suited up for them. I've said it before but it's great vindication for Gretzky, who caught all kinds of hell for that pick way back when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad