Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
1718JETS029_BMTSP-VS-Graphics_620x330_COL.jpg

WINNIPEG JETS (15-6-3) vs. COLORADO AVALANCHE (11-9-2)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 29th, 7:30pm MT
PEPSI CENTER, DENVER, CO
ALTITUDE TV

extralarge.png

CONNOR - SCHEIFELE - WHEELER
EHLERS - LITTLE - LAINE
TANEV - COPP - LOWRY
PERREAULT - HENDRICKS - ARMIA

MORRISSEY - TROUBA
CHARIOT - BYFUGLIEN
KULIKOV - MYERS

HELLEBUYCK

extralarge.png

ANDRIGHETTO - MACKINNON - RANTANEN
JOST - KERFOOT - COMPHER
NIETO - SODERBERG - COMEAU
BOURQUE - TONINATO - YAKUPOV

GIRARD - JOHNSON
LINDHOLM - BARRIE
ZADOROV - BARBERIO

VARLAMOV

*CONFIRMED*

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So many of my hockey crushes are on the Jets. I'll always have a soft spot for them.

In saying that, I hope Zadorov f***ing wrecks someone. Go Avs.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Jets' biggest issue has been and still is behind the bench. Right now the roster is just too good for even Maurice to screw it up, and Hellebuyck looks to have settled into the starting role and is playing up to his talent.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Jets' biggest issue has been and still is behind the bench. Right now the roster is just too good for even Maurice to screw it up, and Hellebuyck looks to have settled into the starting role and is playing up to his talent.
Very much this.

Hellebuyck looks amazing. Craziest thing is that he just gets better with confidence too. I see him keeping us this level of play all season.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah the Jets are extremely deep both offensively and defensively. Not just in the NHL either, they've got some nice prospects still in the system as well.

But yeah, a real big Zads smash tomorrow would be awesome.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m not. I was surprised that they didn’t do better last year.

Size, skill, and speed. Great roster.

Eh. Their blueline is over-rated...though Morrissey is shrinking that gap...and their bottom 6 is very meh. If Little regresses any further before some more of their top young talents breakthrough, I can see their advantage up front quickly evaporating. Throw in Maurice behind the bench & just how many dumb penalties that team takes; and I'm not shocked at all that they've sucked in recent years. A good roster...that has a clear identity based on physicality & size...but not a great roster.

So many of my hockey crushes are on the Jets. I'll always have a soft spot for them.

In saying that, I hope Zadorov ****ing wrecks someone. Go Avs.

I'm with you, they've also tended to pick prospects that would really grow on me by draft day. So I'd like to see them thrive, but they've been a let down in recent years and watching them this year I'm far from sold that it's finally come together for them any more than I am buying us as a bubble team.

Honestly out of all the Canadian teams to next win the cup, I'd bet on the Jets.

I like so many of their players & prospects, but I don't think their age groups will line up right for them actually contend for a cup...sorta like Minnesota or SJ ~5 years ago. Little & Enstrom have already started to regress, Myers is hella over-rated, and both Wheeler & Buff are entering their mid 30s. Though I love Wheeler, Little & Buff...that clip of him looking right at camera while in a puck battle against us last season is still the funniest thing to happen in an NHL game in years...I just don't think their kids will really arrive fast enough for them to truly contend before those older players slow down.

Now with their prospects I can see them winning a cup when Wheeler/Buff are on the cusp of retirement, with their current kids & the next wave doing the heavy lifting; but I just don't see it happening with their current core unless it all clicks this season or next.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Which one? They have three in Scheifele, Connor and Laine. It's ridiculous how much talent they have accumulated.

I'm talking pure scorer though--Scheifele is probably their 2nd-best all-around forward (Wheeler is hands-down their best player period), Connor is very good as well. But you're right, that team is ridiculously talented.

Laine was ridiculous last season, not sure why there's been such a dropoff.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Hoping the Higher Education line can make some offense happen during this game. We’re really gonna need some secondary scoring with Landy out.

Reactions: cgf

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You may wanna adjust the lineups. Lowry centers Winnipeg's 3rd line, Copp is a LW.
I also think that Jost should center the kids line with Kerfoot on his left wing.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
I think it will be very difficult game for Avalanche. Jets are high-flying this season especially with Hellebuyck in net. I'm bit worried about our line of Jost-Kerfoot-Compher because I don't think they are phisically ready to play against guys like Byfuglien, Trouba,, Morrissey, Wheeler or Scheifele. Hope I'm wrong. Varly needs to be at his best tonight to stop Jets offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad