GDT: Game 23: Jets @ Avs |Wednesday, November 29th, 7:30pm MT | Whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I know his name may cause some bad flashbacks but I figured from an offensive standpoint that Z would be along the lines of Beauchemin. Still largely a stay-at-home guy but able to move the puck a little, shoot, and maybe even log some power play time if need be.
Prime Beauchemin was a damn good defenseman. Even his first year here he was able to chip in a considerable amount of offense early on. If he could become what Beauch was with Anaheim (the first time) that would be terrific.

Reactions: Pokecheque

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
He wanted to go to a playoff team, but he was tired of losing (which I found the Ottawa situation ironic). I understand the reasoning from Duchene's POV, he spent 9 years and a majority of his prime years with the Avs and has only played in 8 playoff games. The team finished dead last by a large margin and there was basically zero expectations heading into this season. Plus i'm sure he realized teams trading for him wouldn't be rebuilding teams, but playoff bubble teams or contenders. Even if that didn't happen, worse case scenario in his mind would be he'd be going from one lottery team to another lottery team.

I don't have any ill will to Duchene and I understand why he wanted out, but I can only imagine what he'd be thinking if the Sens miss the playoffs while the Avs make it this year :laugh:

There is no ill will thought. Even Dutchy himself said before boarding the plane, you never know if he will come back to Colorado. Loves the players and the city. Maybe, if things go rough there in Ottawa, he can just resign with us if we are a contender team in 1 or 2 years. Through out my hockey experience I have had Avs players leave Colorado and sometimes even say a bad thing about this team, but Dutchy seems to love Denver as it city, our players and us the fans, plus he wont be scrutinized by all of that Canadian media.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
If Duchy came back to the Avs that would be so freaking awesome. I don't want to get my hopes up, but if there's even a tiny chance I can't help but wish for it to happen.

Hell, I'll take any big free agent sinning that no one expected us to pull off which doesn't backfire on us. This team has suffered over a decade of mediocrity since I started watching them full time, looking forward to the day they're a regular powerhouse again.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
The Duchene trade broke his heart. I hope he comes back eventually, he brings a refreshing perspective to this board.
He’s a legend from the Avs main board back in the day. Ate a worm one time and filmed it because Kevin Porter scored a goal. I’ll never forget that, lol.

Where’d Injured Choker go, by the way? I always liked his insight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad