GDT: Game 23: Jets @ Avs |Wednesday, November 29th, 7:30pm MT | Whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
You're not the only one but I suppose they want to ease Jost into the role a bit first. But it might be "center by committee" with that trio.
Yes Jost should and likely will play center and Copp has been playing 2nd line lw

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I got the Jets lineup from the main board so I really don't care if it's right or not. Not to mention spelling all those other names right. LOL. We'll just see who plays center on the rookie line. You guys know there's a GDT sign up thread, right? GDTs should not be contributed by only 5 people around here. Good news, Friday's GDT is free so I expect to have a volunteer for that right about now.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvsMakar08

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I got the Jets lineup from the main board so I really don't care if it's right or not. Not to mention spelling all those other names right. LOL. We'll just see who plays center on the rookie line. You guys know there's a GDT sign up thread, right? GDTs should not be contributed by only 5 people around here. Good news, Friday's GDT is free so I expect to have a volunteer for that right about now.

I'll take it

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Eh. Their blueline is over-rated...though Morrissey is shrinking that gap...and their bottom 6 is very meh. If Little regresses any further before some more of their top young talents breakthrough, I can see their advantage up front quickly evaporating. Throw in Maurice behind the bench & just how many dumb penalties that team takes; and I'm not shocked at all that they've sucked in recent years. A good roster...that has a clear identity based on physicality & size...but not a great roster.

I'm with you, they've also tended to pick prospects that would really grow on me by draft day. So I'd like to see them thrive, but they've been a let down in recent years and watching them this year I'm far from sold that it's finally come together for them any more than I am buying us as a bubble team.

I like so many of their players & prospects, but I don't think their age groups will line up right for them actually contend for a cup...sorta like Minnesota or SJ ~5 years ago. Little & Enstrom have already started to regress, Myers is hella over-rated, and both Wheeler & Buff are entering their mid 30s. Though I love Wheeler, Little & Buff...that clip of him looking right at camera while in a puck battle against us last season is still the funniest thing to happen in an NHL game in years...I just don't think their kids will really arrive fast enough for them to truly contend before those older players slow down.

Now with their prospects I can see them winning a cup when Wheeler/Buff are on the cusp of retirement, with their current kids & the next wave doing the heavy lifting; but I just don't see it happening with their current core unless it all clicks this season or next.
Jets and Broncos fan :cry: coming in peace just to let you know that clip of Buff looking at the camera is on our GDT .

Reactions: cgf

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
what are you talking about? Z's an ugly dirty brute who won't fight back :sarcasm:

Though I will give them full credit for big buff effortlessly manhandling the Avs

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I do not like saying this at this point in the season but this is a make or break game for the Avs. They have two games at hand in the wild card race, and if they lose to their divisional rival tonight that is a 4 point swing. With Landeskog out and how well the Jets offense has been I do not think it will be pretty tonight. I would guess 5-2 Jets.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I do not like saying this at this point in the season but this is a make or break game for the Avs. They have two games at hand in the wild card race, and if they lose to their divisional rival tonight that is a 4 point swing. With Landeskog out and how well the Jets offense has been I do not think it will be pretty tonight. I would guess 5-2 Jets.
I was thinking this last game. I'm hoping they can really live up to the mantra of being a different team than last year, but their play is dipping and now with Landeskog out, and a guaranteed 2-3 GA every game its gonna be a tough stretch through the rest of the season.

I think they'll win about as much as they lose, but scoring is going to get tougher unless someone outside the first line starts to step up.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hellebuyck looks amazing. Craziest thing is that he just gets better with confidence too. I see him keeping us this level of play all season.
I don't know if he's looked amazing, amazing to me is what Vasilevskiy is doing, but Hellebuyck has definitely been consistent. Which can be said more than the likes of what Mason and Elliott are doing.

Honestly out of all the Canadian teams to next win the cup, I'd bet on the Jets.
That's crazy because I have the same opinion as well. Not surprised by the Jets success, they were one goaler away of being good and one head coach away of being really, really good.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Jets fans are quite cocky in their GDT, especially for a team who hasn't done much of anything except one playoff series where they got swept.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Jets fans are quite cocky in their GDT, especially for a team who hasn't done much of anything except one playoff series where they got swept.

We all know what kind of karma cocky fans bring down *looks at Edmonton*

I like the Jets though, let them enjoy their success. I for one am happy they're doing so well and the Oilers are tanking. Edmonton is going to ruin McJesus.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jets and Broncos fan :cry: coming in peace just to let you know that clip of Buff looking at the camera is on our GDT .

lol that clip is GOAT. Cheers to a fun game between two teams that should have some great playoff battles in a few years!

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Meh they are playing well and expect to beat a team lower in the standings, that's all. Plus they are probably right. Without Landeskog that 4th line is hardly NHL caliber. The 2nd line college kids need to have a big game, and Soda's line needs to shut down the Schiefele line if we want to win. AND Mack/Rants will have to outduel Ehlers, Little & Laine. It's going to be a tough one, but hopefully one where the Jets get a lot of shots and Varly stands on his head. He's our only hope IMO.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

They really don't like the Z - Barrie combo, do they...

They want a more defensively responsible guy with him. That was Nemeth's dedicated spot until he fell apart.

Girard - EJ
Lindholm - Barrie
Zadorov - Barbs

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Meh they are playing well and expect to beat a team lower in the standings, that's all. Plus they are probably right. Without Landeskog that 4th line is hardly NHL caliber. The 2nd line college kids need to have a big game, and Soda's line needs to shut down the Schiefele line if we want to win. AND Mack/Rants will have to outduel Ehlers, Little & Laine. It's going to be a tough one, but hopefully one where the Jets get a lot of shots and Varly stands on his head. He's our only hope IMO.

TBH if I'm a fan of another team and I'm looking at the AVS roster, I probably don't know about 70% of the players. I certainly don't blame them for thinking they're going to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad