Post-Game Talk: Game 23 - B's zap the Lightning 3-2

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Good game by Rask. Looked like he was ready from the beginning. Team in front of him also played well. This is what we want to see. Not the average goalie from the last two years people make excuses for. More games like this please.
I had a different take... I didn't like the first goal. I think the turning point for Rask came when he thought Johnson had scored on him on their 9th shot of the game. That counts and it's seriously deflating. I think that scared him and woke him up. From that point on Rask was sharp.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I had a different take... I didn't like the first goal. I think the turning point for Rask came when he thought Johnson had scored on him on their 9th shot of the game. That counts and it's seriously deflating. I think that scared him and woke him up. From that point on Rask was sharp.

He certainly seemed pissed after that....

Glad he woke up. I got real nervous after Stamkos scored. I didn't sit down for the rest of the game!

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Very impressed with Marchand and Backes. To step back into the lineup and be two of your best forwards is impressive. Backes was so physical. I think Lucic spoiled us in terms of being a guy who not only hit but intimidated and that leaves folks wanting a bit more from Backes, but if you accept what he is, he was very effective.

McAvoy was dominant. Best D on the ice for either team. Chara was excellent too and his ability to elevate his partners is truly amazing. Krug had one of his best games of the year.

Heinen was also really impressive, he creates so many turnovers with that combination of smarts and pursuit, and he creates a lot of offense with his ability to make plays in traffic.

I like Vatrano too. Every game, he brings energy, speed and hunts pucks hard. Good on him for sticking up for Krug.

Spooner had a nice assist. Also had moments where you felt like, 'Come on Spoons, battle!' But he was more engaged than usual.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Highlight watcher only for the tilt last night, shocked but pleased to wake up to find the B`s took this one, even more shocked to wake up this morning and not have to read 2 more Bruins injured last night.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Z and Charlie were beasts.

Backes is still molasses slow but had a very good game in his return. Another guy I slag on a lot, Nash had a stellar game.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I still don’t think Rask isn’t looking right but it’s a win to build off. The lack of shots would have made it a tough one to get into but he looked very shaky and seemed to lack confidence when called upon until he thought the second goal went in. Then he seemed to lock it down and end the game strong. Still looking for him to be that third period guy for 60 minutes.

I was hoping to see Dobby that game but Cassidy made the right call here.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Well for all you guys that think the team hates Rask and wont play for him I wonder if the fact they had a good game and more importantly if you listened to the postgame interviews , what is your feeling today ????????????????????????????????????????????

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Good game overall.

If Krug was injured on the play, then Paquette would have gotten a 5 minute major. No injury and its a minor penalty...never change NHL.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good game overall.

If Krug was injured on the play, then Paquette would have gotten a 5 minute major. No injury and its a minor penalty...never change NHL.

didn`t see that in the highlight package I watched on the B`s site, what happened?

NHL consistently inconsistent when speaking about penalties etc....

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
didn`t see that in the highlight package I watched on the B`s site, what happened?

NHL consistently inconsistent when speaking about penalties etc....

should have been 5 and a game, then a minimum 5 game suspension. I haven't seen a board/charge that blatant or a skater wind up from that far out in a longggggg time. Was without a doubt a move to knock Krug out of the game/season.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
The bruins played two inspired periods and Rask played a solid 3rd for the win. Getting Healthy and watching the young guys play it starting to be fun. the trade deadline should be something to watch

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
should have been 5 and a game, then a minimum 5 game suspension. I haven't seen a board/charge that blatant or a skater wind up from that far out in a longggggg time. Was without a doubt a move to knock Krug out of the game/season.

Paquette always seems to play that style, Karma will get him, the dirtbag

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

I love how we didnt even get a power play out of all that. lol

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Dominated possession, dominated shots on goal, dominated scoring chances. 2-2 penalties. Par for the course.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Incredible to see David Backes out there and Tuukka played well hopefully this will boost his confidence going forward. Nash is really on fire the past 3 games.

*Stick taps for #42, #40 and #20* :hockey:

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Backes played very well for his first game back. While he may not put up the points you would like for the money he is being paid. We are a better team when he is in the lineup. That line in particular (Heinen, Nash, and Backes) were all excellent yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad