Post-Game Talk: Game 23 - B's zap the Lightning 3-2

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Glad to see Nash having good games. He does try out there. For all the beating he takes here, he has been a solid player through all the injuries they've had.
“I haven’t shot the puck in the net for a while,” Nash said. “So, it felt pretty good to actually see it go by a goalie. You know, it just stems from confidence and just believing in yourself, trying to do the right things, and hopefully, it will come. So, hopefully, from there I’ll get a couple more chances and start burying more.”

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
That was the best game I have seen Chara play since the Cup year. So many great plays all over the ice.

Some really strong plays in the neutral stood out, perfect positioning, take aways, he was breaking up their game there few times.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The view from Tampa

Lightning falls to Bruins for fourth loss in six games

BOSTON —
The Lightning got an earlier-than-expected wakeup call Wednesday morning.

An emergency alarm went off at it downtown hotel around 9:30 a.m., about nine hours after it had arrived from Buffalo, N.Y. The false alarm sparked a temporary evacuation.

The Lightning’s sleepwalking continued through the first period of Wednesday’s 3-2 loss to the Bruins at TD Garden. Once again, Tampa Bay came out flat, digging itself a hole it couldn’t get out of.

Now comes the real wakeup call for Tampa Bay (17-6-2), which has dropped four of its past six, including three out of four on this road trip. Is the Lightning really as good as we thought it was? Or are other teams just elevating their game more?

"We have to address some issues," captain Steven Stamkos said. "Obviously, we’re struggling. We have to come out a little better. It was a tough road trip. Hope we can use it as motivation. Things aren’t easy in this league. Sometimes you need adversity to make you a better player and make you a better team. Hopefully we can learn from this."

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Impressed by the entire team effort tonight, if they can play like this on a consistent basis they will be tough to beat. They are a hard team to figure out sometimes though, how can they lay an egg against Edmonton, then come out and dominate the top team in Tampa Bay? I hope they get all the injured guys back soon, will be some tough choices to make to see who comes out of the lineup. Really impressed also with the play of Riley Nash the past 2-3 games. For some reason I see them sitting Spooner and Vatrano when the injured are back, but I would leave them in the lineup, Vatrano brings some grit and has that shot, Spooner great skater and passer, just needs to be involved more like he was this game.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Cassidy is so good at reading the goalie situation - he was the one who brought Dobby's confidence back at the end of last season and I have no doubt he will get Tuukka right back to how he should be playing - boosting his confidence as well. That first period was fun to watch and Tampa is top of the league, the Bruins played very well still carrying significant injuries. Will we every have a full roster with healthy bodies? I can't wait to find out how that will look!

Back in the 3rd spot with games in hand. Let's cream Philly on Saturday!

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Cassidy is so good at reading the goalie situation - he was the one who brought Dobby's confidence back at the end of last season and I have no doubt he will get Tuukka right back to how he should be playing - boosting his confidence as well. That first period was fun to watch and Tampa is top of the league, the Bruins played very well still carrying significant injuries. Will we every have a full roster with healthy bodies? I can't wait to find out how that will look!

Back in the 3rd spot with games in hand. Let's cream Philly on Saturday!

Tuukka answered the bell, he's got lots of talent so breaking out of a funk should be very easy for him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Great game, McAvoy brings so much entertainment to this team and it's fun to watch him after the few more boring years.

Reactions: DKH

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Good game by Rask. Looked like he was ready from the beginning. Team in front of him also played well. This is what we want to see. Not the average goalie from the last two years people make excuses for. More games like this please.

Reactions: frickinbobby

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Tuukka answered the bell, he's got lots of talent so breaking out of a funk should be very easy for him.

I don’t think one person ever questioned the talent. Questioning him answering the bell on a consistent basis is something to question over the last two years. Need more games like last night but it’s a step in the right direction.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins could be on the outside looking in if the injuries don't subside and Krejci misses more than 1/2 the season

On the other side - if they were 100% they are first seed in the East

Give Cassidy DeBrusk Krejci Cehlarik McQuaid Bjork to add to last nights lineup

You have best line in hockey should you so choose. Youth experience speed toughness

It's all there

Injuries are the key

I needed 1/3 season to see what the have and it's impressive

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Ya know, I am still on a high after the victory over the #1 ranked team in the league. Then I think about McAvoy's performance and I don't think that I will land back on earth anytime soon! Ahahah

Jokes apart, this is one of those victories that makes one feel good. Even more so after that disaster that was the Oilers game. This team, if healthy, can do pretty good stuff, I think.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Bruins could be on the outside looking in if the injuries don't subside and Krejci misses more than 1/2 the season

On the other side - if they were 100% they are first seed in the East

Give Cassidy DeBrusk Krejci Cehlarik McQuaid Bjork to add to last nights lineup

You have best line in hockey should you so choose. Youth experience speed toughness

It's all there

Injuries are the key

I needed 1/3 season to see what the have and it's impressive
All star post right here, no questions asked. Two thumbs up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad