GDT: Game 21 Columbus at Edmonton 11/19 9:30 PM EST

Paisano*

W

This just in:

Scott Howson @XGMNiles 1m

They still crediting me for building most of that team? WTF? :laugh:

This is still Howsons team. JD and JK have brought in what, 2 players? Gabby, Carter clone(that's worked out well). and Horton who can't play. Who am I missing?

Last edited by a moderator:

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Probably one of the worst beat downs in CB J history (I know there are many others). However, with much more expected from this team, it is difficult to watch their non-response to adversity. Change has to be on the way.

plong123

Litebrite Stinger
Mar 3, 2008
Welp, the best thing about last night was that it can't get much worse. Maybe they can build from this.

Samkow. I'm disappointed in your shortsightedness. We all know, from experience, that one thing the Jackets have been capable of, as a franchise, is reliably providing new lowlights.

/piling on

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 3m

#CBJ coach Todd Richards: "I don't know if this is a team that can handle success." #CBJ didn't handle 4-1 win in Ottawa well at all.

That's a poor excuse and cop out.

Playing the way they needed to win is exhausting and difficult. More than likely, with the win in Ottawa, many players felt the team was out of their rut and could breeze to an easy win over the pathetic Oilers.

I think these are the same thing. They can't handle success because they thought this would be an easy win. These guys should know that winning isn't easy in the NHL. They had to fight hard for every point last year. Just because the Oilers are one of only 4 teams that the CBJ currently have more points than should by no means constitute and easy win.

They may only be 3 points out of a playoff spot in the division right now but this team is still a lottery pick at them moment and a couple more losses from starting to consider who is available with the #1 pick.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Samkow. I'm disappointed in your shortsightedness. We all know, from experience, that one thing the Jackets have been capable of, as a franchise, is reliably providing new lowlights.

/piling on

True.

I think we'll look back at tonight as a turning point of the season in one-way or another. Maybe this serves as a wake-up call that propels the team into the playoffs, maybe it's a team-destroying loss that sinks us to the bottom.

There aren't a whole lot of outcomes worse than losing 7-0 to the worst team in the league (who'd won 2 of the last 12). We'll see what the team makes of it. They can curse as much as they like during the post-game presser but if it doesn't produce immediate on-ice results, the season's essentially over.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
I struggled through four goals debating whether or not to stay up. When the fifth goal happened it was an easy decision and I zapped the TV in disgust. Woke up to two more goals. Yay.

Nobody was trying, nobody cared, and nobody cared that nobody cared. Last night was rock bottom and it's either going to get better and spur the team to bringing it every single game like they did last season or it'll be the point where shakeup starts to happen and management plays for the future. I'm hoping for the former, but we're dangerously close to the same hole we got ourselves into last year.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'm sure someone probably already said it, but I'm relieved to see that Edmonton kicked the PAT. Their kicker is on my fantasy team and I won by .6 points.

That is old school Blue Jackets hockey right there.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Nobody was trying, nobody cared, and nobody cared that nobody cared.

That is not completely true. Our fourth line certainly did. I saw nothing wrong with Murray's effort and engagement. I thought Wiz blew, but I don't think it was a lack of effort thing.

To say that no one cared it just, flat, wrong. I would say that the most of the team certainly cared and were embarrassed.

Last night was rock bottom and it's either going to get better and spur the team to bringing it every single game like they did last season or it'll be the point where shakeup starts to happen and management plays for the future. I'm hoping for the latter, but we're dangerously close to the same hole we got ourselves into last year.

Overreact much? Stinker games happen. Even to good teams. I remember seeing us destroy Detroit worse than this. We haven't seen one quite this bad in a long time.

We looked slow. Having said that, comments from other(s)s earlier like "I'm tired of being out-skated" is just typical drama while losing and not based on reality.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
That is not completely true. Our fourth line certainly did. I saw nothing wrong with Murray's effort and engagement. I thought Wiz blew, but I don't think it was a lack of effort thing.

To say that no one cared it just, flat, wrong. I would say that the most of the team certainly cared and were embarrassed.

Overreact much? Stinker games happen. Even to good teams. I remember seeing us destroy Detroit worse than this. We haven't seen one quite this bad in a long time.

We looked slow. Having said that, comments from other(s)s earlier like "I'm tired of being out-skated" is just typical drama while losing and not based on reality.

FWIW, I meant I hoped for the former in that I hope this spurs the team to play the way they did last year. I edited my post above.

But yeah, that was a pisspoor effort. Are you saying it wasn't? Granted, I didn't watch any of the third period, but from Richards' quotes it wasn't good.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Based on the results and fallout from last night, something has to happen. Either the team wakes up and begins to play hard (I have my reservations on this), Richards benches guys dogging it (Anisimov, I'm looking at you), the team continues to sink and Richards gets fired, GMJK has finally seen enough and begins to make moves or all of the above. I said this more than a week ago, this club can't wait for everyone to be healthy. The hole will be too deep. Now with Dubi hurt, we'll be lucky to win 1 of every 10. It's poop or get off the pot time for this club.

I really am starting to see some players that play like they don't want to be here. I don't like what I see out of Jack Johnson right now. There's a lot of mopiness to his game, not Carter worthy, but he needs to decide what he wants. Why did we pay Anisimov $3.5M again? He was one of the guys that wanted last night to be over. Don't believe me, watch the goal by Justin Schultz. I think it's time to trade Nikitin. Letestu, not sure what to make of him, he's done a complete 180.

I thought sleeping on what I witnessed last night would make me feel better, but after waking up this morning, my only thought was WE SUCK. Same old Jackets. When we repeat the same crap every season, it is even cliff jumping anymore?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I can't speak for the third period; but I think, for once, the box score reflects, in most cases, the reality of who showed up. Sometimes you'll get a player who scores a goal, but otherwise was terrible. In this case; MacKenzie, Comeau, Boll, Johansen, Murray, and Jenner showed up. Tyutin was mostly Tyutin to be honest. Wiz was Wiz. Take both the good and bad with those two.

I thought that was probably the weakest game I've seen from Dubinsky in quite a while. For whatever reason he just didn't have it. I could see him trying to pick up his game, but it just didn't happen.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I can't speak for the third period; but I think, for once, the box score reflects, in most cases, the reality of who showed up. Sometimes you'll get a player who scores a goal, but otherwise was terrible. In this case; MacKenzie, Comeau, Boll, Johansen, Murray, and Jenner showed up. Tyutin was mostly Tyutin to be honest. Wiz was Wiz. Take both the good and bad with those two.

I thought that was probably the weakest game I've seen from Dubinsky in quite a while. For whatever reason he just didn't have it. I could see him trying to pick up his game, but it just didn't happen.

I think that Dubinsky wasn't good last night, but that might be the first game this season or really since he's been acquired that he's had an off night. I've made my feelings known on him and he in no way, shape or form is the problem.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
FWIW, I meant I hoped for the former in that I hope this spurs the team to play the way they did last year. I edited my post above.

But yeah, that was a pisspoor effort. Are you saying it wasn't? Granted, I didn't watch any of the third period, but from Richards' quotes it wasn't good.

More direct; I am saying that generalizations are rarely accurate. I said what I meant in the post you quoted. You used the phrase "No one". I am saying that is inaccurate.

People get hung up in the box score and don't bother to look at individuals throughout the game. There was a reason the 4th line was, mostly, even.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I think that Dubinsky wasn't good last night, but that might be the first game this season or really since he's been acquired that he's had an off night. I've made my feelings known on him and he in no way, shape or form is the problem.

If you could, respond in such a way that you recognize that I wasn't calling Dubinsky "The problem". It gets tiresome trying to defend things that I didn't say; hell I didn't even imply.

Seriously though can we agree to remove from everyone's vocabulary the phrase "the problem"? It's a team game, there are problems - not a singular problem that can be fixed by finding that needle in the haystack.

The theme of my posts on this game are "**** happens" and "Don't overreact". There is no reason to rush to his defense.

This isn't his first "off night" since we acquired him. But it was his worst game that I can remember. I only mentioned it because it's a rarity coming from him.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Saying "nobody cared", while of course being hyperbolic, is easier than listing the entire roster and noting who looked like they cared and who didn't.

I used it get my point across because while obviously they actually do care, most everybody last night played like they didn't want to be there.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Saying "nobody cared", while of course being hyperbolic, is easier than listing the entire roster and noting who looked like they cared and who didn't.

I used it get my point across because while obviously they actually do care, most everybody last night played like they didn't want to be there.

So what you are saying is that you accept laziness as an excuse to falsely accuse?

In the time its taken you to try and justify your stance, you could have been precise in your opening post. It is actually easy to say "With a few exceptions, the team didn't show much heart.". It's also easy to say "You know it's a bad night when your fourth line is your best line, by a mile, and only had a couple of good scoring opportunities".

I would say that I'm sorry to call people out for generalizations, but I'm not.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Based on the results and fallout from last night, something has to happen. Either the team wakes up and begins to play hard (I have my reservations on this), Richards benches guys dogging it (Anisimov, I'm looking at you), the team continues to sink and Richards gets fired, GMJK has finally seen enough and begins to make moves or all of the above. I said this more than a week ago, this club can't wait for everyone to be healthy. The hole will be too deep. Now with Dubi hurt, we'll be lucky to win 1 of every 10. It's poop or get off the pot time for this club.

I really am starting to see some players that play like they don't want to be here. I don't like what I see out of Jack Johnson right now. There's a lot of mopiness to his game, not Carter worthy, but he needs to decide what he wants. Why did we pay Anisimov $3.5M again? He was one of the guys that wanted last night to be over. Don't believe me, watch the goal by Justin Schultz. I think it's time to trade Nikitin. Letestu, not sure what to make of him, he's done a complete 180.

I thought sleeping on what I witnessed last night would make me feel better, but after waking up this morning, my only thought was WE SUCK. Same old Jackets. When we repeat the same crap every season, it is even cliff jumping anymore?

I agree. Any idea who will score for us tonight? The circle of suck is dangerously close.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
This is still Howsons team. JD and JK have brought in what, 2 players? Gabby, Carter clone(that's worked out well). and Horton who can't play. Who am I missing?

In: Spencer Machacek, Matthew Ford (no longer with organization), Blake Comeau, Michael Leighton, 2015 3rd-round pick, Patrick Killeen, Marian Gaborik, Steven Delisle (no longer with organization), Blake Parlett, Ilari Melart, Mike McKenna, Nathan Horton, Frederic St Denis, Patrick McNeill, Jack Skille,

Out: Tomas Kubalik, 2013 5th-round pick (#135, Eric Roy), Steve Mason, Derek Dorsett, John Moore, Derick Brassard, Allen York, Colton Gillies, Ted/Theo Ruth, Drew Olson, Adrian Aucoin, Ryan Russell, Vinny Prospal, Nick Drazenovic, Nick Holden

At the NHL level, that's Gaborik, Horton, Skille, and Comeau in. Out are Mason, Dorsett, Moore, and Brassard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad