GDT: Game 21 Columbus at Edmonton 11/19 9:30 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 2m

Todd Richards said Dubinsky suffered a foot injury. “Nothing broken,” he said, and they’ll know more tomorrow. #CBJ

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m

#CBJ D Jack Johnson: "That was a sh** show. An absolute sh** game. The only good thing right now is we get a chance to play tomorrow."

#CBJ LW Nick Foligno: "Disgusting. That's the only word I can think of it. That was disgusting."

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

#CBJ D Jack Johnson: "That was a sh** show. An absolute sh** game. The only good thing right now is we get a chance to play tomorrow."

#CBJ LW Nick Foligno: "Disgusting. That's the only word I can think of it. That was disgusting."

Thank you for the Tweets.... very important right now...

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 3m

#CBJ coach Todd Richards: "I don't know if this is a team that can handle success." #CBJ didn't handle 4-1 win in Ottawa well at all.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Going to just edit this post from now on with tweets

Richards said Dubinsky's foot shows no breaks. Pretty sure it was his right foot.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 24s

Richards was frustrated from start to finish. The third period really irritated him. Get ready ...

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 18s

Richards: "“We were just playing to run the clock out. To me, as a coach, you watch certain things and certain players, to see how they ...

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 8s

"... are going to respond in tough situations … we had guys who just wanted to get the game over with, which I’m really disappointed with.”

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Going to just edit this post from now on with tweets

Richards said Dubinsky's foot shows no breaks. Pretty sure it was his right foot.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 24s

Richards was frustrated from start to finish. The third period really irritated him. Get ready ...

Funny. Richards didn't look frustrated. He did look constipated. I suppose that is frustrating.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 3m

#CBJ coach Todd Richards: "I don't know if this is a team that can handle success." #CBJ didn't handle 4-1 win in Ottawa well at all.

If this team has any heart in its collective chest, hearing your coach say that has got to hurt.

Richards said some very important things about how many players played the 3rd period just to run out the clock and get out of dodge. I agree with him that this is perhaps the most disappointing part of all. I've never seen a team encounter adversity and run in the opposite direction so quickly. This is not last year's team. And to think we were clamoring to name a captain, I certainly didn't see one tonight. As we get deeper and deeper into the season, I tend to fall into the camp of this team missing Vinny and Aucoin as leaders in the room.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
#CBJ coach Todd Richards: "I don't know if this is a team that can handle success."

That's a poor excuse and cop out.

Playing the way they needed to win is exhausting and difficult. More than likely, with the win in Ottawa, many players felt the team was out of their rut and could breeze to an easy win over the pathetic Oilers. After digging themselves into a hole, they just wanted to end the misery and get out of there.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If this team has any heart in its collective chest, hearing your coach say that has got to hurt.

Richards said some very important things about how many players played the 3rd period just to run out the clock and get out of dodge. I agree with him that this is perhaps the most disappointing part of all. I've never seen a team encounter adversity and run in the opposite direction so quickly. This is not last year's team. And to think we were clamoring to name a captain, I certainly didn't see one tonight. As we get deeper and deeper into the season, I tend to fall into the camp of this team missing Vinny and Aucoin as leaders in the room.

Vinny is missed.... let the record show I wanted him back... look it up.

If I was Pres.... enough is enough, time to flip head coaches, Richards has lost the room based on a "who cares" 7-0 beating....

There is no consistency, the CBJ will win tomorrow then lose the next two... up and down, down and up....

Crazy..

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Vinny is missed.... let the record show I wanted him back... look it up.

If I was Pres.... enough is enough, time to flip head coaches, Richards has lost the room based on a "who cares" 7-0 beating....

There is no consistency, the CBJ will win tomorrow then lose the next two... up and down, down and up....

Crazy..

:laugh:

ratm5

Oct 24, 2007
Wait, you're a guy? I've thought for 7 years from your name "Lasse" that you were a girl, lol. That might be more shocking to me than the terrible display on the ice.

I thought he was referring to lasse pirjeta, an old blue jacket and to double-shift him as a joke

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
post-3563-1322937729.jpg

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Wait, you're a guy? I've thought for 7 years from your name "Lasse" that you were a girl, lol. That might be more shocking to me than the terrible display on the ice.

I thought he was referring to lasse pirjeta, an old blue jacket and to double-shift him as a joke

You are almost right -- except that it's no joke. I was at a game where Mr. Pirjeta scored two goals, and the CBJ had a lead. So I screamed for coach King or MacLean (can't remember which) to give him a chance for the hatty, quote "Come on Kinger/Mac, double-shift Lasse!"

Which I followed up with some comment about having one at Starbucks. If jacketracket, a long-lapsed poster here, were still around, he'd confirm the whole thing. When I joined HF, he asked if that's where my screen name came from, because turns out he was sitting next to me at that game.

Now I know none of this is very interesting, but really, this is the GDT, so the other topic is the game.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This just in:

Scott Howson @XGMNiles 1m

They still crediting me for building most of that team? WTF? :laugh:

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
It's pretty clear after 21 games that the team as constructed isn't good enough to make the playoffs in a pretty poor division. I agree with building for the future, but if that's the course JD takes, he needs to accept that we will have 10k at every home game the rest of the way, and that 8th in the worst division in hockey is now.

I don't buy that we'll get a better effort tonight in Calgary. Was nobody vocal during the first intermission? I don't see a lot of pride in this team, which is maybe the most surprising/disappointing thing, especially after how last season ended.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Welp, the best thing about last night was that it can't get much worse. Maybe they can build from this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad