GDT: GAME 20: Stars vs Blue Jackets | 7pm ET

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I know people don't want to win because it hurts draft position, but how can anybody stand for the fact that we have a coach who won't start the goalie that gives us the best chance to win a game?

No reason Bob should have started tonight. If Mason was in goal the Jackets win in regulation.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I'll say this, the only reason we were in OT is because we just faced an ECHL quality goaltender. Pretty hilarious we even got a point.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I don't understand why Bob even got the start tonight

They play Chicago on Friday. Assuming Richards is set on having Mason play on Friday after his great game he had against them. Probably wanted Bob to have some action so he chose to play him tonight. Had Mason played tonight and played poorly, going back to Mason on Friday might have looked bad????

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
septictank.jpg

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Poke that, sweep at it, dive sideways, do a somersault.... Just... don't stare at it.[/QUOTE

FWIW Davidge said Bobrosky had no way to reach the puck. Unfortunately, he had some bad parogis for a pregame meal and was in the middle of pinching a loaf during the goal chance.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Bob is sharing criticism with Lundqvist tonight. Both are being blamed for their team's loss, How about a trade- straight up? Win/Win :sarcasm:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Richards after the game said they were tired. How is that possible?

Sooner or later the pace at which they are checking all over the ice is going to wear them down, imo. Especially if they don't get a boost form winning a couple. I'm not sure that point should be here at this point in the seaon.

bizzz*

Bob didn't give up a goal with his countrymen on the ice. That's a smart tanking I should tell you.
I'd give Joey another game. That was his 4th game in 5 nights. He can use those 2 days off.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
3 pucks for tonight....

1st puck goes to RJ Umberger. Despite the tying goal late it doesn't make up for the numerous turnover and his reluctance to shoot the puck.

2nd puck goes to Bob. He couldn't find the puck tonight. Not sure how much the loose D contributed but he was chasing it all night. What say he Mason haters now...

3rd puck goes to the defense. Gotta call Aucoin out here. Erixson is a work in progress.

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
Luongo was in net?

Actually, Bobby Lou missed beginning of a playoff OT against the Ducks during Ducks Cup run and I always surmised it was a toilet break. Created an odd stat line as I believe he nearly had 60 saves but for his potty break.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
At least the Rangers lost. Need them and LA to lose lose lose.

Their veterans are looking absolutely terrible, the injury bug is thinning their blueline and Torts' coaching is doing no good. Odd, but hopefully that Rangers pick can turn into a Shinkaruk or Ristolainen.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Their veterans are looking absolutely terrible, the injury bug is thinning their blueline and Torts' coaching is doing no good. Odd, but hopefully that Rangers pick can turn into a Shinkaruk or Ristolainen.

They're burning through their home games too... will have to make up points on the road.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
They play Chicago on Friday. Assuming Richards is set on having Mason play on Friday after his great game he had against them. Probably wanted Bob to have some action so he chose to play him tonight. Had Mason played tonight and played poorly, going back to Mason on Friday might have looked bad????

just seems like a very weird call after the game Mase had against Chicago on Sunday. If what you say is the reason, I'd call that over-managing. Not saying we'd see the same Mason as the other night, but weird not to see any Mason at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad