NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
3119946ed750d25f0f.jpg

Big 80's TV Showdown!
7:00pm ET
Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio (formerly the parking lot across from the Ohio State Penitentiary)
TV: Fox Sports Ohio (formerly SportsChannel Ohio)

8213669318_3afa4c11ce_z.jpg

vs
familyties.jpg

large.png

CHEERS FOR COLUMBUS: 5-12-2 (3-4-2 at home)
"It's a dog-eat-dog world and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear."

• Past 10 games: 2-7-1
• Power play: 12.3 percent (28th in NHL)
• Penalty kill: 83.8 percent (10th)
• Injury update: D James Wisniewski (lower body), C Brandon Dubinsky (knee), C Artem Anisimov (head/neck) and D Jack Johnson (shoulder) are out.

large.png

DALLAS FOR THE BLOCK: 9-8-2 (5-5-1 on the road)
Hollywood Squares host John Davidson: "How did "quarter-horses" get their name?"
Jim J Bullock: "Costs a quarter to ride 'em."

• Past 10 games: 6-3-1
• Power play: 16.7 percent (18th)*
• Penalty kill: 83.3 percent (11th)*
• Injury update: G Kari Lehtonen (groin) is questionable. LW Ray Whitney (foot), D Aaron Rome (foot) and D Philip Larsen (upper body) are out.
* not including last night’s game

PROBABLE LINES:
Courtesy of The Columbus Dispatch (an EVENING paper in the early '80s!)

0226-lines.png

THE LAST WORD:
from former Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson
"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

We'll have more of the Game Day Thread right after this...

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Dallas is like 1-15 in back to backs and playing with a backup goalie??? this has disaster written all over it

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Wiz out longterm with a broken foot per Twitter (Porty, Rims, Lori Schmidt, etc. On my phone so it's not easy to link). Poor guy has had a tough season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
In keeping with the theme (feel free to name the show/character).

Possible pre-game speech: "Let's do it to them before they do it to us."

New in-arena man advantage announcement: "By the power of Greyskull!"

Unlikely quote during in-game interview: "I love it when a plan comes together."

Natalie's reply: "Thank you very much."

Derek Dorsett after a penalty call: "Did I do that?"

Richards to his team after a timeout: "Make it so."

MattTheMask

Cbus for life!
Mar 11, 2009
Columbus
www.jacketsfans.com
Continuing with the 80s theme and hockey I present you with this .......

BladesofSteelcover_zps5041afab.png

BladesofSteelTitleScreen_zps21390024.png

I would also like to propose that every CBJ goal tonight has this posted on here. The Jackets team celebrating ....... Blades of Steel style ......

BladesofSteelCBJGoal_zps46c1772e.jpg

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Not sure how this will go, not expecting much but continued losing. Still, it's what I expected from this roster so I suppose acting all mad about it would be counter productive. Hoping for an entertaining game

CBJ103

Mar 15, 2011
Powell, OH
Prediction - Dallas scores first but the goal is waived off due to the ice crew still rolling up the carpet from Leo singing the national anthem.

Bonus prediction - I "catch" a T-shirt after sprinting 6 steps down and across an entire empty row to be the first one to it.

Bonus bonus prediction - The "canary in the coal mine" (D.D.) actually belongs on the second line tonight due to the abject lack of forward talent that the CBJ ice.

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
Bobrovsky drinking game, Whenever he drops his stick take a swig.

But I have only a six pack of beer in the fridge. Is there a penalty if and when I ran out? I can't go out to buy more because Finnish laws prohibit the sale of alcoholic beverages after 9pm :shakehead

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
I'm more of a Bob guy myself, but I think Mason should be starting after the game he had in Chicago the other night.

Picked up a 12pk of Pig's Eye to drown my hockey sorrows before, during, and after. Anyone tried it before?

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I'm having a tough time figuring out how this one plays out.

The Stars are dreadful on the 2nd night of back-to-backs and are starting a goalie who almost never plays, but the Jackets are coming back from a long road trip, are missing four key players, and tend to make any backups look like Roy since they can't score (I think my kid's mini-mite team may have better snipers), so I'll go 3-1 Stars with the lone Jacket goal coming from Calvert. Loudest cheers of the night come during that horrible pizza song where people throw elbows to get a crappy Papa John's pizza box.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello CBJ fans,
I have a trade proposal that I'd like to run by you guys, but can't seem to find a trade/transactions thread. Do you have anywhere where you discuss that sort of thing, or should I make a Proposal thread? :P

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hello CBJ fans,
I have a trade proposal that I'd like to run by you guys, but can't seem to find a trade/transactions thread. Do you have anywhere where you discuss that sort of thing, or should I make a Proposal thread? :P

try one of the female members. You never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad