GDT: GAME 20: Stars vs Blue Jackets | 7pm ET

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
This, with one addition.

That game was a great oppurtunity for Bob to carry the team for a night and make a lasting impression on the new management. I don't feel any better now about the goalie situation than I did a year ago. Yes I know, I'm guilty of having high expectations for Bobrovsky.

Agreed, that is part of the reason it is a problem to develop a player at the NHL level. The reality is only one of them should be here and playing as a backup. Both of them could easily be in the AHL.

We are trying to develop two goalies with no mentors.

I am not upset with either of them, but as you said I have no better feel for either one of them as a true #1. I know both of them feel they should be the #1, they probably don't want to be a back up, however neither of them are ready for the job.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Agreed, that is part of the reason it is a problem to develop a player at the NHL level. The reality is only one of them should be here and playing as a backup. Both of them could easily be in the AHL.

We are trying to develop two goalies with no mentors.

I am not upset with either of them, but as you said I have no better feel for either one of them as a true #1. I know both of them feel they should be the #1, they probably don't want to be a back up, however neither of them are ready for the job.

Agree 100%.
Mason if he keeps playing well will (IMO) get moved at the deadline if any teams are looking for a backup.
Bob is fighting to stay on the roster next year. I think it's 50/50 whether he's back. Could be 2 new goalies next season or could be a new starter w Bob in the wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad