GDT: Game 20 Columbus at Ottawa 11/17 1:00 EST

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I think hes almost having the nash effect while hes out there. Like everyone looks to dish it to him to make something happen instead of doing it themselves...

EXACTLY, I've been saying this since he got hurt, that the team would come together and play better without Gaborik than with him. Young players look to him too much, out of respect, and tend to wait for him to do something or dish to him rather than doing it themselves. It will be good for the guys to play well without him and when he comes back, hopefully in better form, they will keep working and he can just add to things. Good point

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Is anyone still mad at CBJBrassard16 for saying we were turning a corner?

I agreed with him when he said it, you could see them turning the corner and it was just a matter of time before they played a full 60 min game. Defense was excellent tonight, the whole team was great, keep it up boys!

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Confused as to why Wiz got thrown out. He dropped his gloves at the same time as the Ottawa player. I understand the instigator call, but not the misconduct one.

There was only 14 minutes left is why he left, he wasn't thrown out of the game. Instigator always carries 2-5-10. He could have come back if there was more time left.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
...It will be good for the guys to play well without him and when he comes back, hopefully in better form, they will keep working and he can just add to things. Good point

I like this thought, the added confidence they can gain by playing well without Gaborik may reduce the deference shown him when he returns. Perhaps he will raise his effort level to match theirs?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Don't go on the mains about this subject. Most think Boll was in the wrong because he didn't have his head up.

I wouldn't go to the mains on any subject. You never can tell what the league is going to do; but it's hard to fault someone for doing the right thing to get the puck out of the zone. Yes, that left Boll vulnerable. But that is also the type of hockey you want the players to play.

The opposing player had the option of what he was going to do. He decided to finish his check. Hard. To the head. If he had pulled up and hit him with his shoulder (same effect to the play), I wouldn't consider a suspension.

I don't know what this guys history is. But at a minimum I would expect to see a fine. If that was Boll that delivered that hit, I would expect a minimum of 3 games. Five plus if it was a star. I wouldn't have an issue with it.

It shouldn't be this way, but I don't expect the league to crack down as hard on a hit to Boll.

I'll just leave it as Wiz was perfectly justified with what he did. He shouldn't have received the 10 minute. I will assume that the opposing coach didn't really get a good look at the replay or he's simply lying to not call out his player on a national stage.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Proud of Wiz for stepping in. But surprised he didn't give better than he got.

In Boro's defense, Boll did bend over. It's a fast game. And Boll was smiling afterwards, so I do see any extra penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad