GDT: Game 20 Columbus at Ottawa 11/17 1:00 EST

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
Great game, shame that Bob didn't get his shutout. I'd give the three stars to Bob, Johansen and MacKenzie.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Playing much better with both Boone and Foligno back in lineup, both adding hustle, coincindince?

Foligno really brings a lot to the table in terms of grit as well as some skill. They play much better with him in the lineup. Can't wait to get Calvert and his solid forecheck back on the ice.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Right. Did you miss the part that Dubi leads the team in minor penalties this SEASON? I mean, what kind of example is that? Get to the box - we will give you the C?

I simply gave that stat the attention it deserves - none. I want a captain that is aggressive, plays hard and will stick up for teammates, even if it means taking a penalty. If MacKenzie weren't a fourth line player, he'd be a great choice for captain.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Some days everything goes right. Today was one of those days. They looked like the Blue Jackets of last season, especially defensively. Ottawa didn't have many chances.

Hopefully the team can build on it, or else this season will end like many previous ones did, on a terrible western canadian road trip. I'm a bit more optimistic after today.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Foligno brings much needed skill. it's a gritty, ugly yet beautiful kind of skill

He can control the puck at so many different angles from his body, in part because he's so strong on his skates. If he could shoot he'd be a 50 goal scorer.

bizzz*

I simply gave that stat the attention it deserves - none. I want a captain that is aggressive, plays hard and will stick up for teammates, even if it means taking a penalty.
I want a player like that on the team too. Hell, I want a lot of players like that... But I don't want my captain sitting in the penalty box more than anyone else. If anything else Dubi won't be able to be Dubi with the C on his jersey.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I simply gave that stat the attention it deserves - none. I want a captain that is aggressive, plays hard and will stick up for teammates, even if it means taking a penalty. If MacKenzie weren't a fourth line player, he'd be a great choice for captain.
Dubi would fittingly be a very Ryan Callahan type of captain, IMO.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
This is the team we became accustomed to watching during the 19-5-5 run last season.
Fun to watch when everyone is on board. Keep it going boys!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Congrats to the better team today.

Bob looked good once Ottawa mustered some offence later on in the game.

No rebounds, no mistakes.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Calvert coming back this week will give coach more options. Jenner had that effect today.

Paisano*

Im sure doom and gloomers will still find a way to negatively spin this win and current streak.

Hmmmmmm.............................................................................................................................................................. Nope, can't think of nothin! They played prolly their best game of the season today, full 60 minute game! Lets hope it keeps up.....

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Calvert coming back this week will give coach more options. Jenner had that effect today.

And Foligno before that. And I say that as a guy who's been ragging on his play most of the year.
Irony is, the Jackets score 4 goals - 3 on the power play - WITHOUT Gaborik.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad