GDT: Game 20 Columbus at Ottawa 11/17 1:00 EST

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
And Foligno before that. And I say that as a guy who's been ragging on his play most of the year.
Irony is, the Jackets score 4 goals - 3 on the power play - WITHOUT Gaborik.

Foligno makes a huge difference too. Gaborik being as talented as he is, is almost an afterthought when the team plays as it did today.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
And Foligno before that. And I say that as a guy who's been ragging on his play most of the year.
Irony is, the Jackets score 4 goals - 3 on the power play - WITHOUT Gaborik.
I think hes almost having the nash effect while hes out there. Like everyone looks to dish it to him to make something happen instead of doing it themselves...

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I wasn't able to watch today, nice to this result and read these reactions!

I'm not clear on what went down with Wiz- were the suspension comments referencing Wiz being potentially suspended?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@RobMixer: Time to update this stat: #CBJ improve to 30-0-0 under Todd Richards when leading after two periods.”

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008

I'm not clear on what went down with Wiz- were the suspension comments referencing Wiz being potentially suspended?

Borowiecki hit Boll with an elbow to the head. Boll was skating North lunging for the puck so his head was low, Borowieckie skating South with elbow first contact to Boll's head, laying Boll out. Wiz came to the defense of Boll and got the instigator. Boll seemed ok after the hit. It could have been much worse.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I think so but I don't think there is a chance he will be. He jumped some guy who had a nasty hit on Boll. He got the instigator but not suspendable imo.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Borowiecki hit Boll with an elbow to the head. Boll was skating North lunging for the puck so his head was low, Borowieckie skating South with elbow first contact to Boll's head, laying Boll out. Wiz came to the defense of Boll and got the instigator. Boll seemed ok after the hit. It could have been much worse.

Thanks Jaxs and EspenK. Funny, I inferred from the first description that the suspension talk had more to do with the elbow.

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
It seemed apparent today that the Senators need to have Methot on the 2nd pairing and have someone else on the top pairing.

Not to pan MM, he is strong and plays hard. They just need a player to bump him down and be an actual #2 to Eriksson. Put Methot on a shutdown pairing.

bizzz*

It seemed apparent today that the Senators need to have Methot on the 2nd pairing and have someone else on the top pairing.

Not to pan MM, he is strong and plays hard. They just need a player to bump him down and be an actual #2 to Karlsson. Put Methot on a shutdown pairing.

;)...

And from the Sens board:
Trade Spezza for Johansen (and more if BJ wants it, this kid is unreal)

;)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Damn..... just got in the WNY area, travel day from KY via C-bus for a baby sitting night then here at Lime Lake...I missed the entire darn game... I thought they played tonight.. :(

Great start for the roadie... need three more wins to reach .500.... :)

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Good on Wiz for stepping in, especially since it was Boll. If Wiz hadn't, Boll would have dropped his gloves right then and he probably shouldn't have that soon after a big hit.

I thought all the penalties were justified, but that's a tough play for both Boll and the hitter. Boll turns around and is right in Borowiecki's wheelhouse. Boll sacrifices himself (which is commendable - many players would have ditched on this play) by reaching for the puck to chip it out. The way he's reaching, it is difficult for Boro to not hit his head at this point. Boro had his arms up too high and shouldn't have followed through with his arms high, which further resulted in him leaving his feet. But there is virtually no way that the head isn't going to be the first point of contact unless Boro bails on the hit. If it was reversed, I doubt Boll is bailing on that hit either.

Not sure if there will be a suspension or not. The high follow-through may be the deciding factor.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Not sure if there will be a suspension or not. The high follow-through may be the deciding factor.

He didn't pull up, he didn't brace. He just followed through with the principle contact to the head. I don't see anything that is questionable here. This was nothing like the Dubi hit a couple of weeks ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad