EDFD443-F-E034-42-F6-9-A3-A-143-D1-C23-D54-B.jpg

truth

Reactions: TheUnseenHand

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
That would be Lindy’s Colin White on the PP moment
I'm still dumbfounded over those post game comments, he mentioned physicality twice within two sentences. If muh physicality is how they're making decisions, personnel or game plan wise, they're doomed. I waiting to see Wood moved up to the second line lol.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Everyone thought we were going to lose because we're not physical enough and the funny thing is we've actually done well in that department so far. Go figure.
we are losing because for some reason the PK which was ranked 4th all year absolutely can't make a kill. i would say thats pretty amazing buuuuuuuuuuut the fact our pp is even worse!

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
You all are fighting each other for no reason.

The Devils simply are not playing the same way they played in the regular season. That has to change for game 3. The amount of times I have seen a player go for a hit instead of gaining possession of the puck has been infuriating. Our game is quick transition. That has been an afterthought so far. We are playing the way the Rangers WANT us to play. Which is absurd because there was a reason their fans were scared shitless of a match up against us.

Last edited:

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
coaches can't play the game for the players they can only take them so far.
Yeah and the point is ruff hasn’t taken them anywhere and in several aspects appears to actually be handicapping them. What exactly is he contributing? The devils have by far been the worst of the 16 playoff teams so far. They could have no coach at all, it wouldn’t look any different cuz this is basically the absolute worst it can get. You’re telling me these players are so bad they can’t even be coached to look like they belong in the playoffs?

You guys are nuts.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I’m not saying we’re going to win the cup next year. However, I remember the Islanders sweeping the Oilers in the finals only for the Oilers to win it the following year.

Were definitely not as talented as those Oiler teams, but with some changes and the bad taste in their mouth, hopefully they comeback with a better effort next season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it’s okay to look at one game and say “yeah the stats say he sucked but I didn’t think he was that bad” on things like goalie stats or basically any stats.

I only even thought 1 of the 4 goals on shit bag Blackwood was bad in game 82 and he had that Nashville game before the all star break where the numbers looked ugly, but he didn’t really play badly.

I didn’t think Vitek played badly in game 2. In game 1 he definitely did. Maybe he could have found a way to stop one of those or challenged Kane a little bit more on his goal.

That said, I’m not sure if he’ll play game 3 and have no problems with going to Schmid.

I remember Kinkaid getting blown up in games 1 and 2 against Tampa. He wasn’t that bad in those games, as I don’t think he had a chance on hardly any of those goals, but Cory came in and played lights out and gave us a spark. It was only enough to win one game, but he keeps games 4 and 5 close one goal losses. Cory truly shot his final round in those 3.5 games that playoff series.

So yeah, I’m okay with going with Schmid. I did think we would go with him, but I’m starting to become skeptical after sleeping on it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we made no lineup decisions. It took forever to split up the shitty awful lines last night. I don’t think they ever were split until Wood got benched briefly in the 2nd and then they came right back.

After all the verbal fellatio about Smith in the post game last night and making all kinds of excuses for Wood and his penalty (“it was a tough call”) I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same shit heads in there for game 3.

Smith has regularly been a healthy scratch though, especially since about February, while Wood hasn’t been a healthy scratch even once all year. The most was getting benched for a period once or twice in the regular season, which happened for over a half a period again last night.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Almost like a coach is supposed to put players in better spots to help the team win not the players backpacking a shitty coach to heights. Lindy has all the personnel a coach could want and he's pissing it down the f***ing drain. Then again, like I said on the main board, it's not a shocker with how his Buffalo and Dallas teams were.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think it’s okay to look at one game and say “yeah the stats say he sucked but I didn’t think he was that bad” on things like goalie stats or basically any stats.

I only even thought 1 of the 4 goals on shit bag Blackwood was bad in game 82 and he had that Nashville game before the all star break where the numbers looked ugly, but he didn’t really play badly.

I didn’t think Vitek played badly in game 2. In game 1 he definitely did. Maybe he could have found a way to stop one of those or challenged Kane a little bit more on his goal.

That said, I’m not sure if he’ll play game 3 and have no problems with going to Schmid.

I remember Kinkaid getting blown up in games 1 and 2 against Tampa. He wasn’t that bad in those games, as I don’t think he had a chance on hardly any of those goals, but Cory came in and played lights out and gave us a spark. It was only enough to win one game, but he keeps games 4 and 5 close one goal losses. Cory truly shot his final round in those 3.5 games that playoff series.

So yeah, I’m okay with going with Schmid. I did think we would go with him, but I’m starting to become skeptical after sleeping on it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we made no lineup decisions. It took forever to split up the shitty awful lines last night. I don’t think they ever were split until Wood got benched briefly in the 2nd and then they came right back.

After all the verbal fellatio about Smith in the post game last night and making all kinds of excuses for Wood and his penalty (“it was a tough call”) I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same shit heads in there for game 3.

Smith has regularly been a healthy scratch though, especially since about February, while Wood hasn’t been a healthy scratch since once all year. The most was getting benched for a period once or twice in the regular season, which happened for over a half a period again last night.
Those Cory performances while he was still injured in games 3, 4 and 5 were incredible to watch. Especially game 5. He WAS the team that day.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I can't be the only one who laughed when Smith took the first penalty of the game, right?

Can you prop bet on the player who takes the first penalty of the game? I'm no gambler but I should have looked into that one.

Don't think it's a thing lol

Those Cory performances while he was still injured in games 3, 4 and 5 were incredible to watch. Especially game 5. He WAS the team that day.

Our lone playoff win the last decade was because of that man, still love him even though his entire body betrayed him + this franchise waited too long to build something around him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we play the same way in game 3, Schmid might have to win a game 1-0 or 2-1 if we’re lucky.

We’ve struggled to get shots on Shesterkin at all and last night was definitely a heavy departure from the way we played 82 games this year, and game 1 probably was too.

We weren’t allowed to play to our strengths last night and the coach really should be ripped for that.

It’s like he turned into a caveman once the playoffs started.

f*** this physicality fetish. It didn’t do shit to help us last night.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

I'll always have a soft spot for Cory. Sister went to BC when he was there so he was easy to follow and like. Was ecstatic when we brought him in. Felt so bad how his time here ended because he truly was the team for far too long. We wasted his best years without question.

I loved being there for that Game 3 to see him have a slight redemption arc. Him crawling to the other side of the net to make a save in that 3rd period is legendary in my heart.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
You all are fighting each other for no reason.

The Devils simply are not playing the same way they played in the regular season. That has to change for game 3. The amount of times I have seen a player go for a hit instead of gaining possession of the puck has been infuriating. Our game is quick transition. That has been an afterthought so far. We are playing the way the Rangers WANT us to play. Which is absurd because there was a reason their fans were scared shitless of a match up against us.
100% this - last night, i saw one of our guys go to finish a check in the offensive zone, and completely left the puck in the corner, which a ranger dman picked up and got out

physicality for physicality's sake is absolutely stupid. i think the team is letting expectation and emotion get to them, and maybe ruff is too. rangers also know how to bear down in that physicality game, so we're legit trapped right now

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zero offense. Not a single 5v5 goal in two games. A penalty shot and a second unit mucking opportunistic PP goal...

Adjustments? How do you "adjust" nothing?

runtime11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad