Status
Not open for further replies.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
you're singing my tune
To each their own but I find that quite a shit point of view. Whatever happens for the rest of this series we now have a lot of guys who never played in the playoffs who will come out with a learning experience one way or the other. Whether it's a tremendous comeback or remembering that they never wanna feel this way ever again.

Plus who the f*** wants to live in Buffalo? Miserable city, miserable people, overrated chicken wings and absolutely no guarantee they won't suck and miss the playoffs yet again.
Been there 3 times. Never saw the sun and was bored. Saw a frozen Niagara Falls though. That was cool.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It means we weren't as good as our record suggested, which we are currently proving
Oh no! Luckily we have some extremely promising players in the system that can hopefully help us do something special in the coming years. And you shouldn’t care if we take a step back in the regular season next year because as you’ve made clear, it means absolutely nothing whatsoever.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It doesn’t look like that at all actually. You don’t fluke into 112 points. Not even sure what that means.
Ten OT/SO points, sneaking up on teams early in the season, Vitek likely having a career year - this season absolutely looks like a fluke when you can’t even compete in the playoffs. I get what people are saying about it being better to make it than be irrelevant but it’s always been these type of seasons that annoy me more - get 100+ points then lose this easy in the first round, it just makes the regular season feel like a collosal waste of time.

The funny thing is which year did the Devils set a win record is gonna be a great trivia question in 10-15 years…you mean it wasn’t a Cup year? Or 2001, the most talented Devils team of all time that made it to Game 7? It was the team that lost in 4-5 to the Rangers in the first round like they were nothing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brooklyndevil

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I'd take this season over Buffalo. Buffalo took 3 big steps forward this year. We took like 6 big steps forward but now are taking 2 back in the playoffs. Still shows the sky is the limit for this roster and they've smelled winning the metro and being top of the league in points. They know they can do it - problem now is getting past the hurdles of playoff vs regular season hockey where it's a single opponent and you have to craft your game to beat them preparing for you and you preparing for them adjusting. We're failing horribly in that at the moment but it's another step to success. Fail forward, not backward and in spite of what roster decisions are being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad