GDT: Game 2! Hawks vs Jackets @ 7:30PM Central on WGN-- Gif Heavy Lineup 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
It's going to be good matchup tonight. We'll see a lot Toews vs Wennberg I think, Panarin is going to be neutered.

Reactions: Matt Ravlich

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
So Q tells the media that this team has never had a problem taking the opposition too lightly ...yah...tells us about how they never bothered showing up against Nashville in the first round last playoffs...methinks they did take the Preds too nonchalantly...judge bt the results. .

So after spit g off this gem,Q has probably set us up to go no show...not against st Columbus tonight ...the whole Saad/Panarin thing gonna insure both teams wanting to make a statement...but rather setting us up for a night off when we play the "consensus" bottom teams...so expect our big letdown against Vegas...just saying. ..

It doesn't take much to make the whole thing go off the rails. Hammer playing like garbage and the Kane-Panarin passing game wasn't working. Bowman addressed those problems so it won't be the reason next time if things go south.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Completely different team. 2 way, strong, fast, hard to the net Hawks. Can't compare to last year.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_oxgpyeuB5L1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

I'd just like to thank all the posters who've helped me achieve this remarkable achievement.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Is Bobo playing again in net for them?He played last night and got the shut-out facibg just 29 shots...We probably need to fire 60 at him to get 2 goals...Torts probably gonna clog the n-zone and stymie our entries
..Could come down to which team scores on pp opportunities...0-7 last game for our pp. ..so if it comes to that aspect and we are as bad at it again as last game we probably lose this game..That or CC unlike last game,hits tge wayer-bpttlecearly if we go down 2-0 in the first 5 monutes on a couple of softy goals ...So for us to win CC again needsvtpmbecsddtrssed be focused and "on" ,our PP has to produce ,and it woukd be nice if Toews actually passed tge eyeball test with some effort for a full 60 instead of merely 3 goid shifts where he does something decent out there.Anyone expecting another 10 goals from us is out to.lunch...we probably get 3 or less. If our pop fails again ...and nd as we know as long as $10.5 #2 keeps doing nothing on the pp....it will keep failing. WE are 1 game in and I have called him.out already ...I need to see him excelling gnon the pp as long as he gets featured 1st pp unit time ...and he mist also be the driver of his line rather than merely observing how hard Saad amd Panik are playing ...

Another post where you bash Toews and mention of his salary, how original by you.... Yet to see a post by you where you aren't moaning about Toews. Maybe he is reading your posts and playing with less energy on purpose to piss you off, try something different and maybe he will too.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Another post where you bash Toews and mention of his salary, how original by you.... Yet to see a post by you where you aren't moaning about Toews. Maybe he is reading your posts and playing with less energy on purpose to piss you off, try something different and maybe he will too.

Seems to me like 50 didn't watch last game.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Completely different team. 2 way, strong, fast, hard to the net Hawks. Can't compare to last year.
Offensively in the home opener, yes, but the D had an easy night of it. Hawks are no doubt a different team but let's just wait to see how the young Dman respond against tough forchecking teams.. No doubt that will be a part of Tort's game plan this evening.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
After the offensive explosion in game 1, what are the odds we get a 2 - 1 snorfest in this one? I hope not. In the game vs Pens I had flashbacks to the 2009/2010 teams where Hawks played cocky and gave the impression that they can score at will. That's certainly not Q, but that's what I want to see this season; the team playing to its strengths!!

People keep bringing up the 2010 team as if it was the peak offensive juggernaut of the current Blackhawks era, but the 2014 team scored more goals 5v5 than the 2010 team, and scored only .02 goals per game fewer in all situations (basically the 2010 team scored 2 more PP goals all year than 2014).

Q is a defense-first coach, and the defense-first systems he's used have worked wonders for the Blackhawks (our best defensive teams have been the ones that won the cup), but he's certainly shown no aversion to offense in his tenure.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Seriously fiddy what the hell did Toews do to you? :laugh:

The lengths you go to still run him through the mud after strong outings is getting kind of ridiculous.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This team looks to be stylistically more on par with 2013 imo. The way they were generating their chances. North/South, cycle game was strong, area passes and allowing forwards to fly the zone and generate odd man rushes (sharpy goal), etc. It was the deadliest I've seen the transition game in a long, long time.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This team looks to be stylistically more on par with 2013 imo.

I'm not ready to go there yet, at least not after 1 game. The 2013 team played as close to perfect hockey as I've seen in my life, and they were absolutely relentless in their pursuit of the puck, and use of speed away from the puck.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If you didn't go last game when they DID score 10, you're changing things up too much. Predicting a 1-10 loss now because you're going.

Well, I did go a week ago when Sharp scored the lone goal in the game. So I'm 1/1 in wins so far this year.

Admittedly, I had a poor record in 14-15, when 4/5 regular season games I went to resulted in losses. The lone win came with a broken clavicle for Kane (which in retrospect was a huge win). Also went to the playoff game against Nashville that season when Seabrook ended things in triple OT.

So maybe it's good if they lose the majority of regular season game I go to. That means cups!!!

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Well, I did go a week ago when Sharp scored the lone goal in the game. So I'm 1/1 in wins so far this year.

Admittedly, I had a poor record in 14-15, when 4/5 regular season games I went to resulted in losses. The lone win came with a broken clavicle for Kane (which in retrospect was a huge win). Also went to the playoff game against Nashville that season when Seabrook ended things in triple OT.

So maybe it's good if they lose the majority of regular season game I go to. That means cups!!!

My record with the Cubs the last 2 years is weird. Last year they were 6-0 when I went. This year 1-3 in a winning season :confused:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What would this board be without fiddy whining about Toews? ... I don't know but wouldn't it be nice to find out.
on every forum i believe it is good to have that "eccentric" poster. well on this forum, it is fiddy. he help bring thought process and humor.

don't get me wrong, he does come from no where and i have lost my temper .... on a few occasion.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I know someone was talking about Anismov at the face off circle last GDT. Very possible the change could benefit Anismov at the dot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad