GDT: Game 2: Avs @ Devils | Saturday, October 7th, Noon MT | Bernie's Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Good for Butcher. Im not shook by his 3 assists tonight whatsoever. Hope he does well in Jersey. We have our own problems and lets start with the obvious and thats Bednars inability to coach at the NHL level. I saw no difference tonight from 70 games last yr. No difference tonight from last game. Special teams and d zone coverage is still a mess.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It almost feels like they are playing Jost on the PK to compensate him for getting lesser ES minutes.

Seems that way for sure. Jost should not be on the pk its that simple. Como, wilson, soda and compher should be our pk forwards mixed in with Landeskog. Como can actually win draws. Jost seems to lose every draw.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It almost feels like they are playing Jost on the PK to compensate him for getting lesser ES minutes.
I would add to my post, is that I am not opposed to playing players like Jost on PK, but if Bednar wants to win he's going to have to scale back the time by quite a bit.

SH time today...
Comeau: 3:02
Jost: 2:35 (holy ****)
Soderberg: 3:37
Compher: 1:58

Compared to our best defencive forward...
Landeskog: 2:06

These do not make sense to me except wanting to have the worst penalty kill. What I mean is that besides Compher and Jost being rookies, Comeau and Soderberg aren't bad defencively, but is it their best attribute? No, is it one of their best strengths? Hell no.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
It couldn't be anymore poetic for Butcher today putting up 3PP points in his 1st game against the team that kicked him to the curb.

Great work Joe or are we still only blaming Roy?

Either way keep stacking the losses because I want a shiny new LD

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
As much as I think Bednar is a horrible coach, this is not just on coaching. The systems are part of the problem but we've been seeing the players play like this since Sacco was here. It feels like it might be time to blow up the core and start over. I knows it's just 2 games so far this season but we've seen this mess for a long while and I feel that maybe this core just isn't good together.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It couldn't be anymore poetic for Butcher today putting up 3PP points in his 1st game against the team that kicked him to the curb.

Let's wait and see how long he stays in the NHL before we start freaking out about Will Butcher right now. He would not be on this Avalanche team.

Great debut by him. Full credit due for that, but let's not jump the gun.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

Joe did a lot of strange stuff as our GM but butchering Butcher isn't one of them.

Reactions: Bender

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
As much as I think Bednar is a horrible coach, this is not just on coaching. The systems are part of the problem but we've been seeing the players play like this since Sacco was here. It feels like it might be time to blow up the core and start over. I knows it's just 2 games so far this season but we've seen this mess for a long while and I feel that maybe this core just isn't good together.

Its not only the core.
It is the whole franchise that needs a reset. From top to bottom beginning with the guy at the top which currently is Sakic.

Unless that happens not much will change. Trading the qhole core away would only make it more miserable to watch...

EDIT:

I always liked Butcher more than Lindholm or Barberio...

So yeah...
If these guys are playing, Butcher would as well...

Odds are that Butcher won't turn into the Devils franchise defender but he was always way underrated on here and we certainly could have used him...

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Its not only the core.
It is the whole franchise that needs a reset. From top to bottom beginning with the guy at the top which currently is Sakic.

Unless that happens not much will change. Trading the qhole core away would only make it more miserable to watch...

Yeah, it's sad that the entire franchise is in shambles

Reactions: The Pwnerer

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
It wasn't, Avs were never the better team 5v5 last season.

We where the better team 5vs5? Felt pretty even. We got a lot of shots but I did not see that many great chances.

Like last year the passing was poor and the PP was an eyesore.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And they certainly weren't tonight either, if it wasn't for Bernier it's 8, maybe 9-1.

We where the better team 5vs5? Felt pretty even. We got a lot of shots but I did not see that many great chances.

Like last year the passing was poor and the PP was an eyesore.
Read post #613 and it will have everything you need to know.

Avs want to play the wild-west shootout sort of game. And yes Avs were the better tea, 5v5 at times. They clearly were against the Rangers, but you guys are so quickly to discredit it. And I've said my times this is not a playoff team. Blame Bednar, but thus far it is not on player personnel except the fact that a lot of them are not NHL experienced yet.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Landeskog has definitely looked poor to start this season. His puck skills are just so, so bad. Turns it over like crazy trying to make simple plays. If he keeps it up, I'd take him off the PP completely. All you need to have as the net-front presence is basic puck skills and right now he doesn't even have that.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Landeskog has definitely looked poor to start this season. His puck skills are just so, so bad. Turns it over like crazy trying to make simple plays. If he keeps it up, I'd take him off the PP completely. All you need to have as the net-front presence is basic puck skills and right now he doesn't even have that.

I just dont get it. Did that injury he got in the 13-14 playoffs the reason he cant seem to make a pass or stickhandle the way he was able too in 2011? I get injuries slowing someone down (Duchene) but I cant recall seeing a guys puck skills drop the same way Landeskog has in such a short time. Its really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad