GDT: Game 16: CBJ @ ANA | 2/18 10:00 PM EST ‎

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
I'm not piling on, because that's impossible at this point...

What % of our SOG are quality looks? That last shot seems par for the course. Not good at all.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Sorry for the long post - here is the Ryan Miller quote I was talking about, from the Pitt game:

“It’s just a [expletive] way to lose,†Miller told reporters, according to BuffaloHockeyBeat.com. “I don’t understand. Your guard has to be up at all times. They get right back in the game, one broken play to seal it for them. [It's] just preventable and not what we need to be doing right now.†Miller was eventually asked which of the four Penguins goals bothered the most. “Just [expletive] losing at the end,†he answered. “It’s 3-3, get overtime. It’s 3-2, [expletive] make him come all the way down, worked too hard. I don’t know. “I thought a couple of tough bounces to start, good goals by them, a tip and a play off the end wall. We recovered and we played really well It was our best second period we’ve had. … You’re either competent enough or experienced enough with the lead in the third period. It burned us. It’s not acceptable.â€

Here is an RJ quote after the EDM game we should have won:

"I’ve felt more involved lately, like it’s been coming along,†Umberger said. “It was good to finally get one, but the outcome kind of ruins it.â€

Here is an Aucoin quote from the Coytoes game:

“I’m not going to say it as an excuse, but whenever you lose top guys, it’s a big deal,†Blue Jackets defenseman Adrian Aucoin said. "The guys we've put in there have done a really good job for us. But one guy isn't going to replace your top guys. It takes two or three guys sometimes."

Eh, losing the game kind of ruins me scoring my first goal. Not to make excuses but here's an excuse.

Look, we don't have a super talented roster and no one is expecting tons of wins. But Aucoin and RJ have both (note the past tense) worn "A's" on their jersey...those are both embarrassing quotes from supposed veteran leaders.

CBJ have played well tonight in a tough road matchup. But I really do think there is a major attitude problem still lingering in that room, as far as the comfort level with losing. If we lose by one goal, instead of being overall happy that we hung with the Ducks, would love to see the guys pissed an vocal about it not acceptable to not bury the chances they had, etc.

In the end it's not the fault of CBJ players they are playing.... heck, it's easy money; the folks who chose to put them on the ice are the ones who should be held accountable.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Does anyone truly expect anything different? We're icing a team right now that is completely de-void of skill. This team should lose. They play hard, I won't question that, but with absolutely no skill, they have absolutely no chance. GMJK has his work cut out for him.

...and then Brassard scores.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Wow, what a horrible call.

Actual pregame conversation
(on TV)
Rimer: "And the referees are Chris Lee..."
Me (to wife): "Wanna go into the bedroom?"
Her: "No, why?"
Me: "We're gonna get ****ed hard tonight no matter what, might as well make it a good one first on our terms."

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Sorry for the long post - here is the Ryan Miller quote I was talking about, from the Pitt game:

I think Ryan Miller, and Buffalo, are in a different position than Columbus at this point in time.

I would like to see stuff like that, and hope like hell it happens in the room but you do have to take into account a young team in a rebuild versus an expensive team expected to win now.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I think Ryan Miller, and Buffalo, are in a different position than Columbus at this point in time.

I would like to see stuff like that, and hope like hell it happens in the room but you do have to take into account a young team in a rebuild versus an expensive team expected to win now.

Here's a nice picture of the 2012-13 Buffalo Sabres team.

Ryan+Miller+Thomas+Vanek+nbHaeLs81U6m.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad