GDT: GAME 13: Feb 12 2013 Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild - FSN + TSN 9PM CST

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Picture of the night.

161605338_slide.jpg

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Looking at Coyle, he's just not generating any offense at all. I mean, he's not a liability, but doesn't seem like much of an offensive threat yet either. Time to see what Zucker has?
100% agree...bring up the spark plug.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Considering there's another global mod actually joining in on the fun, I doubt it's getting out of hand just yet. I actually think the puns are kinda funny.
Yeah, but that's all it is. Puns and jokes. It stayed real for 5 seconds. Not exactly helpful. ;)

Billy Mays Here*

Yeah, but that's all it is. Puns and jokes. it stayed on topic for 5 seconds. Not exactly helpful. ;)

No but it is funny. That thread, the condor thread and the Farmington goalie thread are making it a funny night for me. Granted I already posted the condor thing yesterday but it's still hilarious to go back and watch again.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Kuemper, or 'Kimper' as they were calling him, was solid - looked Completely NHL capable. For gm #1, you HAVE to think he has a solid future.. and just 22 with his minor league resume?? exciting asset!

You guys were set on making life difficult on the Sedins. Led to a retalitory penalty and goal. Ruined Henrik's potential to become the franchise's leading scorer vs the Wild.

Suter was a beast vs the the top line (Sedins)... absoultely snuffed out their possession in the O(your D) zone... really remarkable how efficent he was overall, despite a couple good shifts against.

You guys were having difficulty with the speed of the Schroeder line. But i'm not sure if that was a function of your team, or a function the line... since they are just faster than the average line.

Praise had a lot of butt clenching moments for me.. definitely appeared to be the most visible and dangerous forward.

After hearing a lot about Cullen being done or whatever... he was great on the boards... won a lot of pucks and created chances, or 'almost opportunities'...

Brodin - cool as a cucumber. at 19, with assumed development, maaaaan - thats another fricken gem you guys have... for the next dozen yrs! Soo good, soo smooth, soo smart, soo effective.

The big knock, despite a goal.. the PP. Did not look good overall.. but like i said, a goal was scored. So it was doing something right on the night.

You guys impressed me.. maybe because it was so much superior than the listless effort a few nights ago.. much more gritty, in your face, heartful effort than that last game.
A lot closer than I expected honestly...

Good luck the rest of the way, except against Van... cheers..

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Much better overall effort than in the last game against the Canucks. Unfortunately nobody can score to save their life. The longer this goes on, the more difficult it gets to open the ketchup bottle. Right now they just need to stay calm and not stress too much about it. However, the coach who's responsible for the PP (I assume it's one of the assistant coaches) needs a wake up call.

Little MiG is starting to look good. He didn't get turned into minced meat and had a lot of nice moves. Kuemper had a good debut. Loved Mikko stealing Burrows's glove.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Here's the thing; Parise seems to be the only shooter on this damn team. Koivu had ZERO shots. ZERO. Gilbert had zero. The guys that are suppose to be some of our top 6/top 4 aren't generating the offense we need.

It's been and always has been pass, pass, pass. Then a weak shot.

g35

Apr 28, 2006
Wow, a couple of years ago weren't the Wild GDT's 5-10 pages? Nice to see a huge influx to HFboards.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Well, after watching the game...

Meh. It was a decent effort, but also a "meh" effort. We had some good chances, but Luongo was actually looking like an NHL starter and stopped us.

We still don't shoot enough, and get caught offside too much. That's on you Heatley, with that foot speed of yours, there's no way you should be on the wrong side of the line.

Kuemper did well, more on that in his thread. Granlund looked very good tonight, used his body well and didn't look like a bambi at all.

Clutterbuck was a non-factor mostly, had one good shot and that's about it. Need to start steamrolling Sedins more.

Coyle looked better on the 2nd line, I liked that change that Yeo made.

Mitchell looked like a non-factor, but that's to be expected from someone playing in the 4th line. Rupp had that good hit on Bieksa (?), it's a shame that his knee didn't go pop or we could've actually won that game.

So all in all, bit of a meh effort but at the same time, I was expecting worse.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Well, after watching the game...

Meh. It was a decent effort, but also a "meh" effort. We had some good chances, but Luongo was actually looking like an NHL starter and stopped us.

We still don't shoot enough, and get caught offside too much. That's on you Heatley, with that foot speed of yours, there's no way you should be on the wrong side of the line.

Kuemper did well, more on that in his thread. Granlund looked very good tonight, used his body well and didn't look like a bambi at all.

Clutterbuck was a non-factor mostly, had one good shot and that's about it. Need to start steamrolling Sedins more.

Coyle looked better on the 2nd line, I liked that change that Yeo made.

Mitchell looked like a non-factor, but that's to be expected from someone playing in the 4th line. Rupp had that good hit on Bieksa (?), it's a shame that his knee didn't go pop or we could've actually won that game.

So all in all, bit of a meh effort but at the same time, I was expecting worse.

No. It's not. You never wish for someone to be injured.

minne

Feb 5, 2013
Minnesota
I can't be pissed, surely I'm upset but I dont think this is our year. After the lines build chemistry and find their footing we'll make a good playoff run in the next two years tops. This year I think we'll fall short of making the playoffs and nj and nsh fans will laugh in our faces but we just have to be patient.

I think it's kind of crazy to expect results right out of the gate, despite how much we spent on players. But we signed them for 10 years for a reason.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
I can't be pissed, surely I'm upset but I dont think this is our year. After the lines build chemistry and find their footing we'll make a good playoff run in the next two years tops. This year I think we'll fall short of making the playoffs and nj and nsh fans will laugh in our faces but we just have to be patient.

I think it's kind of crazy to expect results right out of the gate, despite how much we spent on players. But we signed them for 10 years for a reason.

But if we miss the playoffs this year, do we fire Yeo?

THEALLKNOWING*

alright which one of you took JoBoo's rum? are the wild cursed??? 1G in 8 of 13 games? man, the effort was there but no results.

With 1 goal in 8 games, savior Zach Parise may not only be looking for a drink of JoBoo's rum, but also to have Jose rub some chicken bones on his stick.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Yay another 1 goal game by the Wild. I wonder if they plan on taking turns on who gets to score the 1 goal for each game. Our PP continues to look ugly. No speed entering the zone. Parise needs to try something other than jamming the puck through the goalie. Coyle, I like his play along the boards. It's just too bad that line isn't able to generate mich offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad