GDT: GAME 13: Feb 12 2013 Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild - FSN + TSN 9PM CST

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
It's alarming to see the difference of overall movement in the defensive zones between those two teams last night. Pretty easy to see why one team excels at puck possession and in transition and the other is putrid. Far too much collapsing and stationary play from the Wild in their own end. It's a big reason as to why when they do get the puck, they fail to do something as simple as clear the zone.

Yeo's not going to last much longer as the head coach of this team at this rate. He's in over his head, IMO.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
But if we miss the playoffs this year, do we fire Yeo?

At the end of next year if we are still bad. But spurgeon helped out this team a lot, he can breakout nicely and get the puck into the offensive zone. I think he is underrated in our lineup. we need spurgeon in it. and yeah I wanna call up zucker

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
3rd period looked like actual hockey. Play a whole game like that and you might get a win. Seto is stepping up. I'd put him in the first line as for now but I don't know what to do with Heater; he really needs to move his feet.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
One note on Kumper: When I was at the Aeros game down in Houston, I sat a few rows behind the benches. Kuemper absolutely looked like a teenager in goalie gear (even though he's 22). Hard to imagine him playing in the real deal, but he jumped right in.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Yeo's not going to last much longer as the head coach of this team at this rate. He's in over his head, IMO.

This is precisely what I sense, too. He really does seem in over his head. He cannot make adjustments live, like during the game when certain decisions just need to naturally come. He just doesn't seem up for the job. I feel like he's one step behind all the time. I wish this wasn't the case because he seems like an awesome person. Unless he gets better real soon, I see him fired by the end of the season.

Sneaky Priest

See you Nov. 2
Sep 20, 2011
Lino Lakes
I'm so freaking sick of the Heatley bit, everything he does is soft and slow. Honestly, he can't even bring the puck into the zone, he just saunters in and makes a stupid play and loses the puck....:rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad