GDT: GAME 13: Feb 12 2013 Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild - FSN + TSN 9PM CST

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
11 straight losses in Vancouver.

1 win in six road games.

They've dug themselves into some streaks they really need to break.
Vancouver and Dallas are what Calgary and Edmonton use to be for us. There was a time when we couldn't buy wins in those places. Eventually, they'll conquer those demons.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
So frustrating

Good third period but got owned in the first two for the most part.

Kuemper and Granlund looked very good.

Hopefully Yeo sticks with those 3rd period lines next game

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
To be honest, a little surprised that Vancouver was held to 2 goals in their own building considering we were on the 2nd of a back to back with a rookie goalie. I expected the Wild to be flat, but they had the Nucks on their heels quite a bit.

Billy Mays Here*

Well I can certainly see the new thread on the main board turning into something interesting. ;)

Didn't make that thread to lambast the Wild. I'm honestly curious what others will say is the Wild's problem right now. The talent is there, but this team continues to under-perform and it's getting pathetic. I'm not advocating a tank or anything yet, I'm not that radical, and I actually think this team is still a playoff a team if they can just get the damn puck in the net. And if a few people decide to bash the Wild in that thread, so be it. We have mods if it gets out of hand. It's a real topic and not intended to blast or troll the Wild.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Didn't make that thread to lambast the Wild. I'm honestly curious what others will say is the Wild's problem right now. The talent is there, but this team continues to under-perform and it's getting pathetic. I'm not advocating a tank or anything yet, I'm not that radical, and I actually think this team is still a playoff a team if they can just get the damn puck in the net. And if a few people decide to bash the Wild in that thread, so be it. We have mods if it gets out of hand. It's a real topic and not intended to blast or troll the Wild.
It's a real topic. But while I welcome decent opinions, you may get more trolls than anything. Just look at the Suter and Parise hater already joining in on the fun.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I officially can't stand the dump and chase play like that anymore.

Something definitely needs to change...

Me either..I try to believe in what Yeo is doing but this is worse than watching Lemaire coached teams trap every game..atleast they could get to goal number 2 most games.

Something's gotta give with this team offensively.

Maybe its a trade, maybe we just need puck luck and posts to go in not out.. i don't know but we need a spark in the scoring department.

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
Team is looking real good. Brodziak and Rook goalie looked really good.
Wondering what happened to parise, not impressed with him today vs what he use to pull in njd, maybe travel has a huge deal to do with it.

That was probably the most playoff like game nucks have had this year. Anyway I hate suckups and post game friendliness.

So you can all go screw yourselves! Enjoy the loss!

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
That idiot thread in the main board is gonna piss me off even more because its gonna be flooded with Parise and Suter trolls.

Like i said, NO1 is gonna tell you something we dont already know... Whatever.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I officially can't stand the dump and chase play like that anymore.

Something definitely needs to change...

Thank you! From watching around the league, the Wild seem to be the only team that don't even try to create opportunities off the rush or carry the puck into the zone. Tonight we benched PMB, who despite his recent struggles is still literally the only player on the entire team who attempts to create chances without dumping and chasing first.

Here's my armchair coaching:

It's an ineffective strategy because it gives other teams the chance to set up and anticipate the play ahead of time. But it's made dramatically worse by the fact that it's also predictable. If the Wild attempted (and succeeded...) playing off the rush with any frequency, then opposing defenses will have to adjust their schemes to counter this and begin playing more aggressive D. In turn, this means that dumping the puck actually catches them off guard and that there's actually space to make plays when the chase part of the dump-and-chase actually works. Dump-and-chase only works if you're actually luring them out of the area you're going to dump into, rather than just turning it into a predictable game of fetch.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2013-articles/february/wild-vs-canuckistan.html

Hardly an unexpected outcome and I thought Kuemper was respectable in his NHL debut. We still had a chance to win despite the fact we were outplayed through huge portions of this game. That's all you can ask for from any goalie or a team. As Yeo said, we had our chances we just didn't convert. Its the story of the season thus far. (shrugs) I have a short Aeros update along with a prospect report that features Gustafsson and Bertschy. Enjoy!

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Every team does the dump and chase. It's insane to say the Wild are the only team that does it. The problem lies in the fact that they don't win the battles after the dump part of that equation. That, plus the dump-ins aren't as good as they could be....meaning while the team/others are at speed instead of people standing at the blue line.

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
I think our wings lack a little in the speed department and Suter and Brodin are still learning their new teamates and system. We did look a bit better at zone entry with Spurgeon out there.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Looking at Coyle, he's just not generating any offense at all. I mean, he's not a liability, but doesn't seem like much of an offensive threat yet either. Time to see what Zucker has?

Billy Mays Here*

I swear if I go in that thread once, I'd only do 1 thing.

Considering there's another global mod actually joining in on the fun, I doubt it's getting out of hand just yet. I actually think the puns are kinda funny.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Lets not forget the team looked like complete trash for the first 2 periods, its nice to go to sleep all happy because they played well in the 3rd but that's not even half a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00