GDT: GAME 11: Nashville Predators @ Minnesota Wild 7PM CST

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-habs-6-0-in-fight-filled-game/article8425147

Lots of dirty plays in the 3rd period.

EDIT:
01:09 TOR Mark Fraser : Fighting (maj) (Brandon Prust)
01:09 MTL Brandon Prust : Fighting (maj) (Mark Fraser)
07:59 TOR Michael Kostka : Fighting (maj) (Brendan Gallagher)
07:59 MTL Brendan Gallagher : Fighting (maj) (Michael Kostka)
07:59 MTL Brendan Gallagher : Interference (Michael Kostka)
11:30 MTL Brandon Prust : Misconduct (10 min) (Mikhail Grabovski)
11:30 TOR Mikhail Grabovski : Misconduct (10 min) (Max Pacioretty)
11:30 MTL Brandon Prust : Roughing (Mikhail Grabovski)
11:30 MTL Brandon Prust : Roughing (Mikhail Grabovski)
11:30 MTL Max Pacioretty : Misconduct (10 min) (Mikhail Grabovski)
11:30 TOR Mikhail Grabovski : Roughing (Max Pacioretty)
12:17 MTL Tomas Plekanec : Holding (John-Michael Liles)
15:01 TOR Colton Orr : Misconduct (10 min) (Rene Bourque)
15:01 TOR Colton Orr : Roughing (Rene Bourque)
15:01 TOR Colton Orr : Roughing (Rene Bourque)
15:01 TOR Frazer McLaren : Fighting (maj) (Josh Gorges)
15:01 MTL Josh Gorges : Fighting (maj) (Frazer McLaren)
19:14 MTL Rene Bourque : Misconduct (10 min)
http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012020160

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
i8Ii1UEtigLZJ.gif

The penalty.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
i8Ii1UEtigLZJ.gif

The penalty.

Doesn't really matter if it's intentional or not. The letter of the law is if you win a faceoff off your hand, it's a 2 minute minor. How many defensemen have accidentally launched a clearing attempt into the stands? It's not intentional, but it's still a penalty.

In another thought... What are the chances the Wild claims Nick Petrecki and sends down prosser, falk, or scandella?

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
i8Ii1UEtigLZJ.gif

The penalty.

How do you even see that to call that?

Anyway, Backs played his usual one game on tonight, coach got that one right tonight. I thought the whole team played well, everyone played well, with energy and I hope the Wild come right back with that same lineup come Monday. Jury is way out on Granlund at center, but that is a topic for another thread. I thought he played well and was very noticeable tonight.

I'm a Setoguchi supporter, and couldn't be happier for him tonight! Hopefully this lives the monkey off it's back and he along with the team can relax on their sticks more and start putting the pucks in the net.

minne

Feb 5, 2013
Minnesota
just watched recap after listening to it on the radio at work

Backstrom had a sick save there in ot

Nice to see gucci get a gwg as his first this year.

Compared to our game against Vancouver we played wonderfully, a lot more scoring chances and our passing game has improved

first post.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
just watched recap after listening to it on the radio at work

Backstrom had a sick save there in ot

Nice to see gucci get a gwg as his first this year.

Compared to our game against Vancouver we played wonderfully, a lot more scoring chances and our passing game has improved

first post.

Welcome!

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Thoughts:

1. Backs had a good game.

2. Koivu looked damn determined tonight. He had a passionate fire to him, you could see it on his face. What a pass too.

3. Brodin rocks.

4. This isn't as obvious but Parise indirectly caused that goal winning the face off, he was all over that goal, he got it started. Parise also looked tired in the face tonight. You could tell dude was getting over a virus of some sort. He battled and had a great game, even so.

5. Seto earned that goal so much. He was launching canons before that one, he owned that shot and goal, worked his tail off all night to get it.

6. Granlund had a good game. Loved seeing him back in the line up!

But #2 can't possibly be true. I mean, everybody knows he has no pride, no passion and we should all want to smoke him out of town.:sarcasm:

On a more serious note: I agree with everything you said.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I thought it was an entertaining game. I'd keep the same lineup against the Flames.

Also, Brodin and Suter is a pretty darn great pairing. Absolutely love how they compliment each other.

Brodin should be a Calder finalist.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Sigh...

I thought we almost had a rivalry between the Wild and the Preds for a second. Settle down please.

There will be once Suter steps foot back on Nashville ice. That date has been circled on mine and many many others' calendars. I think he will be treated worse than any player ever so far. I can't wait.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Can we stop calling for Yeo's head now?

Granlund has looked 10 times better now that Yeo demoted him, benched him, and lit a fire under his ass. Setoguchi finally scored his first goal of the season, which is a huge burden off his back but Yeo really rode Seto.

And Parise. Parise screening the goalie. Parise is worth every dime we paid for him.

Billy Mays Here*

There will be once Suter steps foot back on Nashville ice. That date has been circled on mine and many many others' calendars. I think he will be treated worse than any player ever so far. I can't wait.

1O4Zo.png

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland
Happy for seto and becks

Both needed this badly

It's still not pretty but a win is a win and encouraging signs are int the air
There were no free passengers!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The team played a very good game, and most everyone made an asserted effort to be the more physical team on the ice, as a result won most battles along the boards. Maybe the message is finally sinking in!

Heatley played much better, and for the first time, wasn't a passenger on a line while watching his linemates do all the work!

Granlund looked great out there, carrying the puck with speed through the neutral zone, good zone entry before dishing it to Heater or Seto then going straight to the net! That line had some great chances, and you could see Granlund connecting on some great passes to both Seto and Heatley. That was actually a legit second line!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad