GDT: GAME 11: Nashville Predators @ Minnesota Wild 7PM CST

P10p

May 15, 2012
Because it's true. Why can't the 2nd-highest paid team in the league drop-kick a so-so team at home without a gift like that? It's embarrassing that this roster can't win a game without giving the opponent a chance. Win a game by more than a goal. Win a game while not getting the bounces. Do something besides this.

This isn't Nhl 2013 vs your little sister pal. It is the NHL. Other teams are going to get chances, goal scoring will come with confidence, and bounces go both ways and end up evening out over a season. Get used to it?

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Some random thoughts I have from the game:

Backstrom was solid tonight, made some big saves for the Wild.

Loved Granlund's game tonight. He was noticeable out there.

The Brodziack, Cullen, and Clutterbuck line was quite effective out there.

Hell of a pass by Koivu and awesome to see Seto burry it.

Billy Mays Here*

Preds' fans seem to be taking the loss in stride. :sarcasm:

It's their own damn fault for not ending that game before OT even started. 0 for 7 on the PP and they're complaining about one bad call? Unreal.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Seto looked like he was close to shedding a tear after scoring that goal.

Happy for him and he's responded well to every challenge from Yeo.

I was going to post the same thing, except I thought he actually did shed a tear or two. But I had no way of getting a screen capture to prove it. But regardless, very happy for him. I'm a Setoguchi supporter, so it's nice to see him get such an important goal. :yo:

Maladus

Sep 23, 2011
Colorado
Good game overall. I can't really pick out anyone who had a bad game. Brodin was outstanding per usual. Seto was great all night, Backstrom played a great game and Prosser played well after being scratched for 5 something games.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Let's not get too high and mighty here. Comparing their points is one thing but comparing their +/- rating is another.

like almost everything I post, that was tongue in cheek. its just nice to have something to hang your hat on when polls are predominantly in favor of Weber being the least affected by the break up.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
BIG WIN, we have to get some road pucks on this board! #cal,van
http://twitter.com/styleswild/status/300457053841940481
BCtwGTzCYAAQBK2.jpg:large

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
have to agree. i was ready to face palm every time prosser was out there but when the thing that stood out the most was his chippy play (his best asset) and not the mistakes, it was a good night for him.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo
Setoguchi: "Props to Mike (Yeo) for putting me out there" after being in doghouse last few games

Good to hear. And I do have to own up and give some credit. I questioned Yeo on putting Backstrom in. Overall, Backs did well. So, job well done coach. It was very far from a perfect game, but the guys did have more jump, so let's take the 2 points and build something from it. Gotta stop marching to the box though.

Honestly, I'm very interested to see Seto in the next game now that the chip is removed from his shoulder.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
And if you believe in karma and what not I think it was retribution that Gaustad got called for that penalty after not getting called for whacking Backstrom with his stick after Backstrom had the puck secure.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
have to agree. i was ready to face palm every time prosser was out there but when the thing that stood out the most was his chippy play (his best asset) and not the mistakes, it was a good night for him.

Prosser did look okay (especially considering he was scratched for six in a row) and this is coming from someone who wants him gone.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Sigh...

I thought we almost had a rivalry between the Wild and the Preds for a second. Settle down please.

i really don't understand...i thought we were allowed to somewhat disparage the other team in our OWN GDT. this isn't a general forum. i would expect to see bashing if i visited theirs. i certainly wouldn't cry about it.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Thoughts:

1. Backs had a good game.

2. Koivu looked damn determined tonight. He had a passionate fire to him, you could see it on his face. What a pass too.

3. Brodin rocks.

4. This isn't as obvious but Parise indirectly caused that goal winning the face off, he was all over that goal, he got it started. Parise also looked tired in the face tonight. You could tell dude was getting over a virus of some sort. He battled and had a great game, even so.

5. Seto earned that goal so much. He was launching canons before that one, he owned that shot and goal, worked his tail off all night to get it.

6. Granlund had a good game. Loved seeing him back in the line up!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad