Post-Game Talk: Game 10 - B's claw back to get one point - Columbus 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
O’Gara is a good puck retriever and makes a good first pass out of the zone. Skating is not the only way to move a puck.

I agree but being able to skate better certainly helps.

And sorry as much as I like O'Gara (and agree he makes a pretty decent first pass), he can't hold a candle to Gryz's passing ability, which is best skill IMO. It's not so much about skating as it is his passing, typically tape-to-tape in stride for the forward.

Until McAvoy's emergence (and trust in Penalty Killing), I would of went O'Gara over Gryz ever single time. But now I don't see as much of a need for O'Gara as the 6th D and would prefer a different skill-set there, that's all.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I really like Debrusk's game. Love the physicality he brings. Did not expect that. I see a bright future for him here.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I really like Debrusk's game. Love the physicality he brings. Did not expect that. I see a bright future for him here.

He's always contributing in some way. May take him a year or two to truly find his offensive game and become a stable top-6 presence, but he will.

The game he plays is always in demand.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
If only Backes and Beleskey played like they were still in St Louis and Anaheim the team would be in a very good spot. Schaller and Kuraly are playing above where they should be because of these two.

It irks me how badly these free agents are turning out.

They played hard and got a point, but need to start giving full 60 minute efforts. They just aren’t good enough to float and then play catch-up.

Thank god the rookies and young guys are playing decent as if they weren’t the team would be in big trouble.

I was going to post something similar. They are getting more out of Schaller and Kuraly than Backes and Beleskey....That's good for the first two guys but boy those UFA contracts are looking bad at the moment. Anyway, I have no issue with Kuraly playing in the OT last night. He played well and it was his first game in front of hometown crowd.

Like others, I was greatly impressed with Miller's game. I don't think Chara was particularly effective though.

McAvoy 29 minutes....We are damn lucky. Jackpot.

It was tough to watch when Columbus was doing their Globetrotters act after their 3rd goal but credit to the Bruins for fighting back. Rask made a couple of great saves to give them a chance in the 3rd which shouldn't be overlooked.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Looking forward to the return of Krejci and also Noel Accari. Tired of Vatrano and Agostino out there. They Seem to work hard but aren't making much happen offensively so they are wasting space. Keep letting Backes center his own line. Nash can patrol the 4th line.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I thought the first half of the game the team was getting heavily outplayed and Rask was looking very beatable. Looked closer to a blowout and the idea of a comeback seemed like a joke. Awful to watch, thought I was going to bed early.

Nice to the whole team, including Rask sort their play out and save the game and get a point. That was a big 3rd period, both with the comeback and physical response to what was going on. It's a step in the right direction going forward as this team tries to gel.

Not a fan of the OT/shootout choices, I must say.

But how about McAvoy handling those kind of minutes yet again.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Looking forward to the return of Krejci and also Noel Accari. Tired of Vatrano and Agostino out there. They Seem to work hard but aren't making much happen offensively so they are wasting space. Keep letting Backes center his own line. Nash can patrol the 4th line.

Krejci and Acciari will be a huge boost.
I like what Acciari brings. Id still rather have vatrano in there than Schaller or Nash

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I like Grizz and he didn’t look bad when he was up, but I prefer not to have he and Krug in the same lineup.
What did you like about him ?

Anyone know realistically how far Zboril or Louzan are away ?
He also has skilled hands, good speed and goes to the net.
Top-6 talent no doubt.
I would say there is some doubt about top 6. I see him anywhere from a 4 t0 8 forward. Is he top line talent ? I dont think so....I see a 20-25 goal up and down winger who hits and plays the boards well.
He also has skilled hands, good speed and goes to the net.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
What did you like about him ?

Anyone know realistically how far Zboril or Louzan are away ?

I would say there is some doubt about top 6. I see him anywhere from a 4 t0 8 forward. Is he top line talent ? I dont think so....I see a 20-25 goal up and down winger who hits and plays the boards well.

You just describe a top-6 talent. 96 players with at least 20 goals last years. Only 47 with more than 25.

20-25G wingers are top-6 players.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Debrusk reminds me of Chris Kunitz. not a guy who will carry a line and not flashy, but quick and well-rounded and willing to get dirty. A guy you can put with your most skilled center and get solid top 6 production out of. if Debrusk has a career like Kunitz then that's a great draft pick IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad