Post-Game Talk: Game 10 - B's claw back to get one point - Columbus 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

TOI BRUINS

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
good effort from the guys in this one, started out looking terrible, hung in there and made the comeback.

Good response to adversity, glad we got the point.

Leaders..Chara, Bergeron, Marchand, Krug, Pasta...stepped up. It's good for the young kids to experience comebacks like this..how to rally the troops, how to stay focused on the bench after big hits or injuries or losing D. These are important games for Carlo, McAvoy, Debrusk, Heinen, Bjork etc. Kids take note of the leaders on this team and how to step up.

Heinen looks good on PP, 6 points in 6 games.

Kids look great.

The problem lies somewhere in the other half of our forwards

Schaller-Kuraly-Nash-Vatrano-Backes-Agostino

Not saying they are all trash and we gotta dump them...but something has to change with this group.

Reactions: Absurdity

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
good effort from the guys in this one, started out looking terrible, hung in there and made the comeback.

Good response to adversity, glad we got the point.

Leaders..Chara, Bergeron, Marchand, Krug, Pasta...stepped up.

Heinen looks good on PP, 6 points in 6 games.

Kids look great.

The problem lies somewhere in the other half of our forwards

Schaller-Kuraly-Nash-Vatrano-Backes-Agostino

Not saying they are all trash and we gotta dump them...but something has to change with this group.
I have to agree most of those guys are Claude like clones of Kelly, Kemppainen, Paille. Columbus plays with speed and we changed the lines up and got better chemistry, need to weed out some guys. Sure looks like , A Ghost Tino and Potsy may have worked themselves off the team. Bring up Czarnik and O'Gara. Great character builder that game was, loved the comeback and tempo of the 3rd

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I have to agree most of those guys are so Claude like clones. Columbus plays with speed and we changed the lines up and got better chemistry, need to weed out some guys. Sure looks like , A Ghost Tino and Potsy may have worked themselves off the team. Bring up Czarnik and O'Gara.

Czarnik lol. Ooookay.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Having Agostino in a shootout, that was such a Claude move. Agostino looks like a career AHL guy, at this point I would use Beleskey on the 4th line over him, better yet call up Cehlarik and put him with Pasta.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't understand how we not only didn't get a powerplay, but we in fact shorthanded after the hit on Krug. Even factoring in 2 minutes for Miller. How?

Anyway, Dobby should start on Thursday. That's not a demerit against Rask, but Dobby played well against SJ and this team could use a spark.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
In the end they just couldn't leap that one last hurdle: their own coaches terrible decisions.

Seriously, Schaller and Kuraly in OT and Agostino in the shootout? ITS LIKE CLAUDE NEVER LEFT.

Couldn't agree more, absolutely fuming to see terrible Agostino chosen ahead of Pasta and Bergy, idiotic stupid move. Kuraly and Schaller in OT, brutal, where was Bjork, you need speed and hands to play OT.

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
KMiller was an animal tonight. Pirhouetting his way across the offensive blue line, setting up Krug on a silky smooth feed, and finishing off the night with a little speed bag session. What a game!

Reactions: missingchicklet

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don't understand how we not only didn't get a powerplay, but we in fact shorthanded after the hit on Krug. Even factoring in 2 minutes for Miller. How?

Anyway, Dobby should start on Thursday. That's not a demerit against Rask, but Dobby played well against SJ and this team could use a spark.
then why was McIntyre the backup, there's no guarantee Khudobin returns Thursday.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

Yeah that I didn't quite understand. Miller did jump the guy though. For those of you that want fighting so bad, you shouldn't want it like it. I'll be the first to sign up for a good fight, but Miller clearly sees the arm and then jumps a guy that clearly doesn't want to fight. Cost the team a PP and maybe a point if you look at how the PP had been to that point. Just needs to be smarter there.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Gotta get some deadwood off the team and finish picking it, Loved Pasta back on the top line been calling for that 4 awhile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad