Post-Game Talk: Game 10 - B's claw back to get one point - Columbus 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I doubt Killer would have jumped the man had the hit to Postma not occurred earlier. I think he saw the hit on Krug and said enough is enough and decided to pummel a sucka. And I'm ok with that, whether it was warranted or not. The Bs tend to play better when they are physically engaged and playing with an edge.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Yeah that I didn't quite understand. Miller did jump the guy though. For those of you that want fighting so bad, you shouldn't want it like it. I'll be the first to sign up for a good fight, but Miller clearly sees the arm and then jumps a guy that clearly doesn't want to fight. Cost the team a PP and maybe a point if you look at how the PP had been to that point. Just needs to be smarter there.

Perfect time to jump him. Krug put himself in that spot and CLB crunched him nonetheless for no reason. Jump him from behind and pummel the bum. Send a message. He was lucky the linesmen wanted to save him as he turtled.

The boxscore is odd. The refs gave Miller the instigator and a game misconduct while no major to the CLB player.

Seems like if anything it warranted a double minor to Miller and a boarding minor to them if the refs really wanted to continue the double standard so desperately.

Should have been 4v4 with matching fighting regardless.
27 PIMs to Miller instead. Good for him.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Didn't like Agostino as the first shooter. But the Bruins managed to steal a point.

I'm loving DeBrusk. He's relentless, hard working and doing a lot of good things. I think Pasta should stay with Bergy and Marchand. Maybe wait until Krejci gets healthy.

Reactions: Wack Edwards

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Just happy to get a point . They weren’t ready to play in the 1st but showed some heart and battled back . The big guns aren’t going to produce every night so don’t know where the secondary scoring is going to come from until the kids find there way . But considering how bleak things looked when they were down 3-0 how can you not be happy with a point ??

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'd have been tempted to go Marchand-Bergy-Pasta and no defense for a shift in OT, then Backes-McAvoy-Krug as a second unit. I don't think we have the horses to be playing for the shootout, so might as well take the gamble in OT.

Reactions: Bun cook

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
After a putrid 1st period, the team showed great resiliency and battled back to get at least a pt.
Pastrnak needs to be kept with 37 and 63.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
After a putrid 1st period, the team showed great resiliency and battled back to get at least a pt.
Pastrnak needs to be kept with 37 and 63.
If he is going to play as bad as he has looked lately with other line mates they don’t have much choice . Too bad because it does create a huge black hole when the Bergeron line is off the ice .

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Bjorkstrand got 5 min for boarding which seemed like a partial makeup call for nothing on the Postma hit. It seems to take two Bruins getting boarded to get penalties called these days. Krug was the other D when Postma went down so Miller couldn't respond then. I think it's about time Miller stepped up and threw down for teammates getting hit. He has had no problem fighting for himself but it's nice to show the guys he has their back the way McQuaid and Chara do. Miller got two 10 min misconducts (on ESPN Box Score). I get the 1 for punching a guy who's not fighting but not sure about the 2nd. Maybe because he kept punching when he hit the ice?

It's clear the team is missing a 4th line hitter like Acciari but that guy just can't stay healthy. Kuraly showed that in the playoffs last year but it's missing right now. It may be time for another look at Blidh.

It seems they lost in OT/Shootout because of mismanagement from the coach. I'm not sure what he and his assistants are thinking there. Maybe see if they can jump start Agostino by getting him a shootout goal but if it doesn't work you can lose a point like they did.

They really need to bring up another C like JFK or Czarnik. Heinen is an upgrade over Agostino on the PP so if you need to body to send down he's it. Or Belesky if you aren't going to play him.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
KMiller was an animal tonight. Pirhouetting his way across the offensive blue line, setting up Krug on a silky smooth feed, and finishing off the night with a little speed bag session. What a game!
Totally agree.he is now in my underrated Dman. I liked this guy at Hello...I think he keeps getting better. He has been defined by some as a Mcquiad type ...no way in hell..

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The thing is if the Bruins put Pastr Berg and March together, at this point theyd be a one line team

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
If you concede that the Bs need to ice a center in OT, Schaller's a better choice than the slower Nash or Backes. There just aren’t a lot of options right now with Krejci and Spooner hurt.

That's always my problem with 3on3 OT. Might be exciting for fans but it's barely even pond hockey. Guys on the back-end like Pronger, S. Stevens, Chara - some of the most dominant d-men wouldn't be able to while someone like Greg Hawgood would look great.
Imagine Phil Esposito or Brett Hull out there.

3 0n 3 is a joke as much as the shootout. - I miss the days of ties. 5 on 5 for 10 minutes and then it's tied. point apiece.

Reactions: BMC and Bruinaura

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
In the end they just couldn't leap that one last hurdle: their own coaches terrible decisions.

Seriously, Schaller and Kuraly in OT and Agostino in the shootout? Sometimes it's like claude never left.
I couldn't believe that Schaller and Kuraly played in OT and that Bjork didn't. I loved that one rush that Anders had in the third period.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm glad Zee fought, but I wish he hadn't gotten pushed around in the first period to begin with. The fight did seem to spark the team, but didn't do anything to stop the dumb hits, like the one on Krug. In this game, this situation, I was very glad to see Miller fight with no hesitation, and I mean none. And he wasn't just messing around either, he meant business, bad hand and all. That sends a message, to other teams and his own teammates.

I still don't think we have a true picture of this team. You have guys missing games, guys playing hurt, crazy scheduling... Too many moving parts right now. I'm kind of amazed they have as many points as they do.

But they need to squash Vegas, since VGK already beat the Bruins this year, and at last count are on their 27th goalie this season. :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad