Game 1 WCQF: Colorado Avs (WC2) at Nashville Predators (1) 9:30 PM ET | SN, TVAS, NBCSN, FS-TN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Hey I was born in Tennessee and my family lineage here goes back to before Tennessee was a state and I have been a hockey fan for at least 30 years. So yeah the natives love this team too!!!

Haha fair enough. Point is we've got an eclectic crew, both natives and ex-pats, and this was a great game.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
I get you, just the whole idea our fanbase is somehow not real hockey fans always is a needle in my side. The marketing department has done such a fantastic job of generating interest in the game and to get a ground swell of support for the team. It’s just annoying that old thought processes still show up.
Don't take it personally. Most Aves fans hadn't even heard of the team until there was free beer offered at the 2001 cup parade.

They make MacGinnon into some sort of star when his career ppg is barely rnh level.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Good game Nashville.

Least we can all agree that gatorade commercial was awkward af
Tbf those guys are like still in the playoffs and stuff......

(Right, I mean seriously the ad would just be stupid, and they wouldn’t do that, would they?)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I guess that makes literally 100% of us bandwagoners

*shrug* Those of us who became fans during the golden age kinda were, though sticking through the past decade since Joe retired weeded out all of the bandwagoners...even if they're starting to come back out of the woodwork

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
Don't take it personally. Most Aves fans hadn't even heard of the team until there was free beer offered at the 2001 cup parade.

They make MacGinnon into some sort of star when his career ppg is barely rnh level.

Hear you man, tbhI was a huge Avs fan when I was a kid when the Preds showed up. They were my second team, logo was sick and always liked Forsberg and Sakic. Detroit vs Colorado was classic.

I just wish fans wouldn’t take stuff so personally that they have to insult another fanbase. I’ll not let it bother me so much. It’s just fans being fans I guess.

Reactions: cgf

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I guess that makes literally 100% of us bandwagoners
No just pointing out fanbases have to start somewhere and Avs fans started with a Cup. Predators fans started by watching a putrid expansion team playing an extremely boring brand of hockey. The whole “bandwagon” argument is stupid when the fans have been using the same chants for 20 years and most of it through those putrid years.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I love when people make a passive aggressive comment and then play the "hey it's just a joke man!" card. Clearly you weren't joking, you were being a **** :laugh:

Oh well, good game Preds. Had our chances and it just didn't happen, onto the next one.
Dude, you have to have an extremely low IQ, or lack of common sense to believe a couple of loud people represents a fanbase as a whole.
Its a joke lmao.

Reactions: Foppberg

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
Rinne was easily the most influential player on tonight's outcome. Impressive to watch even when losing to him. If the Avs top line's chances were taken on Bernier instead, they would have had 8 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad