Game 1 WCQF: Colorado Avs (WC2) at Nashville Predators (1) 9:30 PM ET | SN, TVAS, NBCSN, FS-TN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
There is photographic evidence of what a great host city Denver is to visiting fans, wish I could find it, but it's three Nashville fans watching the game in Denver and just blasted out of their minds. Both towns know how to have a great time. Can't hate the Avs, especially now that asshat Roy is gone.

Reactions: PredsV82

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Sorry for acting a little salty. Preds’ were the best team in the league for a reason and I did predict them to win Lord Stanley at the start of the season.

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia
Yikes, how many of those players could even play in the AHL? The country is kinda barren for hockey talent lately lol

I guess Soderberg really does suck!
I’d say roughly 5%. And yes we are arguably out of the top 10 internationally. Most of the teams couldn’t even compete in the ECHL !

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What's funny is the Aves have barely been around longer than the Preds. Not to mention Denver once had so few hockey fans they lost their team. About a big of a hockey town as Atlanta...

I love you NEB :laugh: Can you hold me in your arms & tell me about how RNH 2.0 is going to bury us until tonight gets better?

Reactions: MacBradley

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
f***, some of us "Avs fans" need to simmer down with being sore losers here. We lost a game where we couldn't capitalise on our opportunities and ultimately allowed Nashville to take over. We need to have better special teams and continue to pester with speed and this series could very well be a good one.

Was not impressed with MacKinnon's whining at the end of the game, I really hope he doesn't allow Nashville to get him off his game.

Reactions: cgf

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
I get you, just the whole idea our fanbase is somehow not real hockey fans always is a needle in my side. The marketing department has done such a fantastic job of generating interest in the game and to get a ground swell of support for the team. It’s just annoying that old thought processes still show up.

Reactions: Gnashville and cgf

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Most Preds fans' hockey lineage predates the franchise by a wide margin. I grew up a Whalers fan in CT; went to college in Nashville right as we got the franchise and the rest is history. We have a ton of Thrashers fans, we have snowbirds who simply migrated to a different team, etc. Not sure a gross generalization with zero empirical evidence on an internet forum is a compelling datapoint.

It was a great game; credit to the Avs.
Hey I was born in Tennessee and my family lineage here goes back to before Tennessee was a state and I have been a hockey fan for at least 30 years. So yeah the natives love this team too!!!

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Forsberg outplayed both Landeskog and Mack. On his first goal he outworked Landeskog. Preds slowly took over.

Filthy second goal by FF. Would love him on the Isles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad