Game 1: Flames 2, Canucks 1 [Flames lead series 1-0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Under no circumstances should Bennett miss a game for the rest of the playoffs. He was our most dangerous forward all game and he has game changing speed. What a player!

Ferland was just a beast, this is what I've been wanting to see out of him all year and he brought the nasty. If he can play this way consistently, he's going to be a huge player for us, his game is built for the playoffs.

I think Backlund was just tremendous this game, seriously he was a star. Defensively he was the best forward on the ice, he broke up so many scoring chances that I lost count. Brodie was constantly driving our play and played extremely well I was also super impressed with Engelland, this game he was fantastic. Lastly Hiller was great, he more than did his job and made key saves all game.

We were far from perfect. But we got progressively better all game. We had timely goaltending, scored when it mattered and were able to elevate our play. I really like our odds of advancing!

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I was checking out for more beer assuming over time was coming and the ******** scored. This series ain't over boys, Hiller had a great game and you guys probably stole this game. With that being said you shut the sisters down. Stop that.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
We were far from perfect. But we got progressively better all game. We had timely goaltending, scored when it mattered and were able to elevate our play. I really like our odds of advancing!

Agreed. Hopefully the confidence gained by this win carries into Game 2 and they can come out hot from the start, the way they did vs the Kings.

The Jesus*

Im gonna be honest, I dont see us winning this series if WillieD doesn't adapt. If you guys win, Im rooting for you all the way.

We're a good team, but our coach is clueless. Hopefully our players can compensate for it. Good luck in game 2.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Great game guys, totally deserved for the Canucks to lose this game
This pic describe my emotions perfectly.

k8kkh.jpg

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Under no circumstances should Bennett miss a game for the rest of the playoffs. He was our most dangerous forward all game and he has game changing speed. What a player!

Ferland was just a beast, this is what I've been wanting to see out of him all year and he brought the nasty. If he can play this way consistently, he's going to be a huge player for us, his game is built for the playoffs.

I think Backlund was just tremendous this game, seriously he was a star. Defensively he was the best forward on the ice, he broke up so many scoring chances that I lost count. Brodie was constantly driving our play and played extremely well I was also super impressed with Engelland, this game he was fantastic. Lastly Hiller was great, he more than did his job and made key saves all game.

Bennett is the reason we had a solid second line.

For once, our secondary scoring showed up. Both teams' first line didn't get a point.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
this Bennett guy you have is pretty decent.

Practice 2-on-1s a little and you should take this series :).

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Was at the game, and many drinks deep.

Just need to clarify one thing - was it me or did Bennett look very, very good?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
On a day where I have two final assignments due after a horrible (and shortened) night of sleep, the win last night certainly feels a bit sweeter this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino