Game 1: Flames 2, Canucks 1 [Flames lead series 1-0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Hiller. Great game. Wow. Top line didn't wake up till the third. Ferland line, much love. Bennett line, much love except Colborne for 90% of the game. My friends and I made it a drinking game to drink every time the play died on his stick. Credit where credit is due though his last shift was huge. Schelmko had his best game a Flame in my opinion.

The only singular change I might make is to have Jooris go to center and put Raymond in for Granlund. He'll have a burr in his saddle now and Granlund didn't do much.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Daily reminder to not get too cocky guys. The cockier we are, the more embaressing it is when we lose ;)

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
****ing awesome! Rusty, like wadda guy!

Woke my roommate up after Russell scored, if not earlier. :)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Oilers fan here. Great game. Hiller really stood on his head at some points.

Bennet looked great out there, looks like you guys might have made another great decision on that one.

cheers. Canucks suck!

Well, realistically.... we didn't make that decision.... MacTavish did...

;)

Sorry, bud, I couldn't resist. Thanks for the kind sentiments.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Guys I am grinning like a fool here, I ****ing love this team. They are awesome, you are awesome and most importantly I am awesome :naughty:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
IMO the three stars tonight are like this:
1. Hiller
2. Russell
3. Bennett

Edit: Gotta give an HM to Lack, as well. He played great tonight.

I don't know if Lack played unreal or anything though. These three Flames had great, great games.

Big props to Engels tonight. He is worth every penny, especially after the Gio injury.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Nuck fan here, just want to congratulate.

If I'm a flames fan I would not only be excited about the win, but the future.

Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett that's 3 star forwards in the making.
Bennett's performance tonight in his 2nd nhl game ever, was mighty impressive.

With Giordano down, Brodie, Russell, Wideman stepped up huge.

Brodie especially looked like Duncan Keith skating miles and taking the game over.

If we can't beat you this year, I don't like our chances in the future. Jealous of the flames future ;)

Aug 21, 2014
fckya.gif

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I'd give Lack #2 and Russell #3

I'd be good with that too. Russell was pretty good tonight and got the GWG. Bennett I would give #3 because he played a great game, as an 18-year old in only his second pro game. As was mentioned previously, he's got great poise and is a huge improvement over Raymond right now.

But yeah, Lack was great tonight.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I don't know if Lack played unreal or anything though. These three Flames had great, great games.

Big props to Engels tonight. He is worth every penny, especially after the Gio injury.

Yes! Engelland too. Had some key defensive saves and really only one derp to let Horvat beat him back on the play. Otherwise was huge.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Me and my boys were all jumping around and fell over like we won the Cup!! I can't believe it, 3 more to go against the Nucks and home ice advantage shifts in our favour.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Took the night off of my midnight shift, and soooo glad I did. Man I don't know what to say about this team anymore. Just so proud, I love it. It's just fantastic.
So glad to share this moment with such a great board. We all deserve this.
Us superfans are the best.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
v182bcjqfjzd7qxvkvrs.gif

Hiller and Lack were stellar. The big thing tonight though was we got production from other lines. Our two best lines were Bennett-Backlund-Colborne and Ferland-Stajan-Jones. They were fast and were really physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad