Game 1: Flames 2, Canucks 1 [Flames lead series 1-0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Nucks fan guaranteed a Canucks sweep, I avy bet him it wouldn't happen. He agreed, and yes Stewie I was on it like white on rice. Let's just say they weren't very talkative and says when the series is over "sure". See if they man up!

:laugh:

They better! Avatar bets are not to be taken lightly. :sarcasm:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Homer+can+party+hard+watching+simpsons+seen+this+clip+tried_b227e8_3755874.gif

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'd swap Granlund for Raymond on Friday

Only way I put Raymond in is if he's absolutely fired up to play. IMO Granlund was one of the flames that had a half decent first half of the game.. Bollig looked like he was at the end of the shift every time he was out there, just horrible.. Man I wish Boums was good to go.. Maybe if Raymond had any kind of feistiness to his game than I'd say take Bollig out, but we need Bollig right now for the off chance he throws a big hit or there's funny business from a Canuck tough guy.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If Granlund sits, it should be Shore back in. Raymond is almost entirely useless.

Great games particularly from Bennett, Backlund and Ferland. Oh, and Hiller too.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Relentless.

Love friedman's point about the flames firing out 4 lines on 30 second shifts in the 3rd which turned the tide.

Hartley out coached desjardins this game and Hiller was awesome.

GFG

Oct 19, 2013
What a game! :handclap: I don't even feel tired anymore :laugh:
Hummed Ring of Fire all the way home :D

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Great 3rd. Thought Bennett had a great game and was one of the best skaters out there for the Flames. Granlund and Monahan have to be better on faceoffs though, going 40% and 25% is not good enough. Backs was solid as well which was nice to see.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
Backlund had a great game as well.

Also Brodie looked impressive. And actually the entire 2nd and 3rd lines. It was Colborne who really set up the winning goal, although he won't make the scoresheet.

Congrats on the win. This will be a great series. And probably a long one too.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
One other thing. If Potter is only going to play less than 4 minutes get him out of there and play Wotherspoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad