Value of: Galchenyuk + Sergachev + 1st for a center

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Any center not named Crosby/McDavid + a little more. Moving all 3, especially in a single package would be a huge mistake though imo

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Didnt i read somewhere on the weekend thàt mackinnon is no longer untouchable. This would seem to be a reasonable swap. Difference between mackinnon and galchenyuk is made up by sergachev and a first. Overpay by montreal if anything but close imo.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Didnt i read somewhere on the weekend thàt mackinnon is no longer untouchable. This would seem to be a reasonable swap. Difference between mackinnon and galchenyuk is made up by sergachev and a first. Overpay by montreal if anything but close imo.

I love MacKinnon, but he's a marginal improvement over Galchenyuk at this stage. Clearly not worth losing a prospect like Sergachev and a 1st on top of it.

I'd much rather go after Duchene while his price tag is at its lowest point in years, and without involving a guy like Galchenyuk. We need to add top 6 talent on the team, not add one by losing another. That's just pointless unless we get a franchise talent like Tavares in return.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Yes but tavares is gonna be looking for 9-10 million per. Mackinnon is signer for 6 more years at 6.3. The first rounder is late in this draft. I really believe mackinnon with 2 qaulity wingers like patches and radulov would explode. Hes 21 and a legit number 1 center. Not many faster. Maybe colorado adds a plus.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Yes but tavares is gonna be looking for 9-10 million per. Mackinnon is signer for 6 more years at 6.3. The first rounder is late in this draft. I really believe mackinnon with 2 qaulity wingers like patches and radulov would explode. Hes 21 and a legit number 1 center. Not many faster. Maybe colorado adds a plus.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Galchenyuk and our 1st for MacKinnon, I would do. Forget about adding Sergachev on top of that.

As for the amount of money Tavares is going to make, it's irrelevant to me as long as he's worth the money he's asking. I'd have no issue paying Tavares 9M because he's a top 5 center in the league in my opinion. He'd be worth every penny.

MacKinnon is paid less, because he's a lesser player. We'll have to resign Price around 10M per soon enough... Doesn't mean I'd be happy to move him for a goalie paid closer to 6M. There's a reason some players make more money than others...

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You dont say. Im of the belief that mackinnon's ceiling will be much closer to tavares than you think. It all comes down to what sergachev will become. Its not inconceivable he regresses for a year or two and that shinny new toy plummets in value. I like duchene to but he could walk in 2 yrs as well. Its all a matter of individual preference but id lean toward a 21 yr old macinnon at 6.3 than a 26 year old tavares at 9.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
You dont say. Im of the belief that mackinnon's ceiling will be much closer to tavares than you think. It all comes down to what sergachev will become. Its not inconceivable he regresses for a year or two and that shinny new toy plummets in value. I like duchene to but he could walk in 2 yrs as well. Its all a matter of individual preference but id lean toward a 21 yr old macinnon at 6.3 than a 26 year old tavares at 9.

Based on the current make-up of our team, I'd much rather have a finished product like Tavares that's still very young in his own right.

As I said, I do like MacKinnon's upside, but in the meantime, it's a marginal upgrade over Galchenyuk that would be way too expensive to pursue. Especially if you have to involve a guy like Sergachev on top of it to get a deal done. It's one step forward, three steps back. The only deal to be made with Colorado is for Duchene, as far as I'm concerned.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto

Sergachev was as good, if not better for Windsor this season than last and he won the OHL's top D-man last year as a rookie in North America. Sergachev's value is likely higher than it was last year after we drafted him and it will be even higher if he wins the award.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Sergachev was as good, if not better for Windsor this season than last and he won the OHL's top D-man last year as a rookie in North America. Sergachev's value is likely higher than it was last year after we drafted him and it will be even higher if he wins the award.

Being that hes still our guy i hope your right. Would you send him for tavares with galchenyuk and the first ?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I jst realized im talking to two here. Would yous both trade galchenyuk sergachev and a first for a signed tavares. Say 7 yr 9 mil per

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
sergs isnt going anywhere ffs. Chucky sure if the return is good. But hell no to sergs.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not even straight up for a signed john tavares ?

ideally he wont get included. Also, tavares wont excel in montreal. His lack of foot speed will be like chucky's problems. MTL's style is all about speed and the sworm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad