Value of: Galchenyuk + Sergachev + 1st for a center

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
As of this moment, the Montreal Canadiens appear to be headed into the playoffs with a center lineup of Danault, Plekanec, and Shaw. This obviously will not do. Who's the best centerman the habs can get with the aforementioned package?

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Not realistic at all. Teams don't trade three of their most coveted assets in a single deal.

The value should net you a franchise level center but value doesn't mean trades like this happen.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think this is a deal waiting to happen. Happy to trade, who has been our #1C for years, and great in the dot. May I present Tyler Bozak!!! :sarcasm::sarcasm: Be willing to add a 5th from our side for that package.

Though, if he were to be traded, that might get NYI not to hang up the phone on Tavares as a start in negotiations.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Not realistic at all. Teams don't trade three of their most coveted assets in a single deal.

The value should net you a franchise level center but value doesn't mean trades like this happen.

Fair enough. In that case you can treat the posted deal as an upper bound. All of these assets are available, and the goal is to get the best available center.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Those are a lot of assets... You could get a #1C for sure, but I don't think any team would want to trade their #1C.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd only entertain trading those pieces away in one deal if we were getting someone like Tavares at the very least.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
As of this moment, the Montreal Canadiens appear to be headed into the playoffs with a center lineup of Danault, Plekanec, and Shaw. This obviously will not do. Who's the best centerman the habs can get with the aforementioned package?

AVs might trade their 1OA for this package and the Habs can drafte Nolan Patrick.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'd only entertain trading those pieces away in one deal if we were getting someone like Tavares at the very least.

Me too, bro. Tavares or Malkin. Someone of that caliber. It's time for the habs to get this kind of a player up front.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Tyler Seguin returned a fraction of that.

Bad example. Boston shouldnt have traded Seguin when they did. He was far from a superstar at that point.

Loui Eriksson was supposed to be a bigger piece than he ended up being, they gave up on Reilly Smith, and they got nothing out of Joe Morrow and Matt Fraser.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I mean realistically if you offered Sergachev+1st round pick you could of had Duchene already. Probably still could but it sounds like Bergevin won't trade Sergachev so it's kind of a mute point.

That being said I wouldn't be shocked to see the Avs/Habs talk some kind of deal involving Duchene in the offseason, especially if Montreal has a quick playoff exit.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Hey let's trade away our young talented center who was tearing it up before his injury, and our best D prospect with the potential of being a top 2D in the next 5 years for an established center

*cough* McDonagh for Gomez *cough

Lets make that mistake once again.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I mean realistically if you offered Sergachev+1st round pick you could of had Duchene already. Probably still could but it sounds like Bergevin won't trade Sergachev so it's kind of a mute point.

That being said I wouldn't be shocked to see the Avs/Habs talk some kind of deal involving Duchene in the offseason, especially if Montreal has a quick playoff exit.

Obviously. Doesn't make much sense looking at Duchene's stats, though.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Obviously. Doesn't make much sense looking at Duchene's stats, though.

One bad year on arguably the worst team in 20 years is not a fair way to evaluate a player that has consistently been about a 60pts+ center throughout his career. Not to mention is one of the best FO guys in the league who is a reliable two way player.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta

You want to trade your #1 center to upgrade your bottom three centers???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad