Value of: Galchenyuk + Sergachev + 1st for a center

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
why would the habs deal chucky and a 1rst for Wheeler when this kings fan offered Carter and Muzzin for one or two prospects more. A better player with a top 4 D.

Because the poster I quoted said Mccaron, not Galchenyuk.. Massive difference

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Because the poster I quoted said Mccaron, not Galchenyuk.. Massive difference

lol i assumed chucky not bug mac. that must have been a joke. No one would dare offer big mac as the center piece for wheeler.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Why does everybody want to trade a 23-year old, big C who is currently 2nd on the team in PPG (yes, ahead of Radulov)?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
No .What's terrible is McCarron, Sergachev and 1st for Wheeler.:shakehead
Talk about HUGE overpayment from the Habs.:laugh:

That deal improves your team. Serg and a 26th? overall and a 3rd liner maybe for Wheeler?
Serg is what is of value here but not for 2 or 3 years. Wheeler will give you 70 points next year, play on the PP and kill penalties. That'll help Price re-sign. The only thing the Habs lose off of their roster is McCarron...all 5 points of him. He'd be a really good 4RW for years on Lowry's line.
Copp Lowry McCarron would be a really decent shutdown line. Serg starting to mature in 3 years just when the Jets should be contenders. It works for both teams.

edit ... Wheeler has missed 7 games in the last 9 seasons.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Galchenyuk, Sergachev, and a first gets you Tavares if Tavares wasn't such a pivotal piece to the Islanders' success.

Canuck fans will kill me for saying this, but I'd do Horvat and maybe even the Canucks 2018 first rounder for that combination in a heartbeat.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Why does everybody want to trade a 23-year old, big C who is currently 2nd on the team in PPG (yes, ahead of Radulov)?

First off, he's big.. but he doesn't use his size at all.

On top of that, aside from a hot streak to end last year in a bunch of meaningless games he hasn't looked overly impressive at C.

His PPG is nowhere reflective of his play, especially compared to Radulov. Radulov works his ass off and creates chances almost every shift it seems. Galchenyuk is a often a ghost and needs the puck given to him, he's not a guy who can make chances for himself offensively.

The guy is still 23, so obviously he can turn things around and still be a top line forward in the league. The issue is the Habs are looking to contend now, they can't be any more patient with him and need a legit top line C who can help the team succeed.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm sure it has been mentioned somewhere in here, but I think something based around Giroux and Galchenyuk would make sense for both teams.

Some salary would have to go Philly's way to offset Giroux's contract, but I like this base for both teams.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
ROR might be the best C with term in the peak of his career that montreal could target.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
This is better value than what the Sabres traded for O'Reilly - so realistically you would expect a top-tier centre. And literally the only one that comes to mind is Tavares; if talks with the Isles don't go well.

Other than that, there is no centre who will be traded who is also worth this much.

Even more so was the fact Col were somewhat forced to sell. As they wouldn't pay 7mil per for him, and he was scheduled for UFA status in a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad